FORUMS

Screen feedbacks/issues

6,285 posts
Thanks Meter: 328
 
By EarlZ, Senior Member on 25th January 2012, 12:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2012, 08:18 AM |#91  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailings

My replacement tablet arrived yesterday and it have exactly the same circles.

So I now have to decide if keep it with that "defect" on the screen or return it and get another brand/model.

Thats really sad to hear, i also sent my tablet for replacement/repair. Does the replacement tablet came in its original sealed box?

Edit: Here some of the images of the circles and screen burn in before i sent my tablet for repair/replacement.

Red square hightlights= circle mark, pink highlight= screen burn in

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3475.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3479.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3483.jpg - Its an app that check pixels for defect, cant remember the name for the app, you can notice the circles at the dark side of the gradient but it disappears as the brightness increases.
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3633.jpg - Screen burn in on the notification bar , you can even see the remains of the softkey buttons.
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3636.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3643.jpg
- Correctly exposed, this image was taken when the tablet is shutting off, after the samsung logo animation finish, the tablet will "glow" showing the imperfections.
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_3644-1.jpg - Overexposed to show the imperfections of the screen, totally look like a mold infestation
12th February 2012, 12:03 PM |#92  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 423
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgent

Thats really sad to hear, i also sent my tablet for replacement/repair. Does the replacement tablet came in its original sealed box?

Edit: Here some of the images of the circles and screen burn in before i sent my tablet for repair/replacement.

Red square hightlights= circle mark, pink highlight= screen burn in

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3475.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3479.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3483.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3633.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3636.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3643.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_3644-1.jpg

wow that is terrible. I am ready to buy this tab but now I am not so sure.
12th February 2012, 12:59 PM |#93  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy2000

wow that is terrible. I am ready to buy this tab but now I am not so sure.

Same as mine. But that's not really bothering me though. I love this tab. What I have concerned is the screen burn in :(

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium App
12th February 2012, 01:42 PM |#94  
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgent

Thats really sad to hear, i also sent my tablet for replacement/repair. Does the replacement tablet came in its original sealed box?

Edit: Here some of the images of the circles and screen burn in before i sent my tablet for repair/replacement.

Red square hightlights= circle mark, pink highlight= screen burn in

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3475.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3479.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3483.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3633.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3636.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3643.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_3644-1.jpg

And I thought the suction cup rings that can be seen only in the dark are terrible but those images you posted above are beyond a horrid! I dont think anyone can classify those as ' acceptable '
Maybe they just returned the very same unit?
Can you attach a copy of the test images you used, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph168

Same as mine. But that's not really bothering me though. I love this tab. What I have concerned is the screen burn in :(

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium App

For real? Your not bothered by the visible cirlces at even the test color pattern that is 100% visible ? I envy your standards, no offense.
12th February 2012, 02:06 PM |#95  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgent

Thats really sad to hear, i also sent my tablet for replacement/repair. Does the replacement tablet came in its original sealed box?

Edit: Here some of the images of the circles and screen burn in before i sent my tablet for repair/replacement.

Red square hightlights= circle mark, pink highlight= screen burn in

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3475.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3479.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3483.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3633.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3636.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_3643.jpg
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_3644-1.jpg



OMG, this is truly unacceptable, I thought you were exaggerating !
Where did you get your unit ??
12th February 2012, 02:29 PM |#96  
Not pointing any fingers out but its an entirely different story when we post pictures of our issues, some will say we are just nitpicking but when they see the issue they also find it unacceptable as well.. Its always been like that with all of the screen issues I have.


EDIT:

Im wondering if there is a certain color shade that we can use to test the tablet out before buying that will not require a dark room test for us to check if there are suction cup marks.
12th February 2012, 03:17 PM |#97  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Sometimes you have to live with the minor issues but if its that obvious its unacceptable.

I bought a Xperia Mini two months ago, it has a scrolling issue in which the digitizer doesn't seem to catchup on the middle of a swype across the screen. It was a nightmare when you scroll over on a big list like the contacts. I took it back and no one could find it an issue !! replaced it with a new one and the new one came with the same stupid issue. last week I finally snapped and replaced it with Xperia Arc S, I couldn't take it anymore. No one of my family or my friends found it an issue, but It was killing me.

Long story short, I know what you're feeling. Everybody thinks you're a lunatic, you just know the issue.
12th February 2012, 03:59 PM |#98  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgent

Thats really sad to hear, i also sent my tablet for replacement/repair. Does the replacement tablet came in its original sealed box?

Edit: Here some of the images of the circles and screen burn in before i sent my tablet for repair/replacement.

Red square hightlights= circle mark, pink highlight= screen burn in

oh **** i couldn't stand this for a minute. Sorry to hear that and i hope you will get a decent replacement without this
13th February 2012, 02:51 AM |#99  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palle04

oh **** i couldn't stand this for a minute. Sorry to hear that and i hope you will get a decent replacement without this

haha thanks, its cool , hopefully they repair or replace the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman4now

Sometimes you have to live with the minor issues but if its that obvious its unacceptable.

I bought a Xperia Mini two months ago, it has a scrolling issue in which the digitizer doesn't seem to catchup on the middle of a swype across the screen. It was a nightmare when you scroll over on a big list like the contacts. I took it back and no one could find it an issue !! replaced it with a new one and the new one came with the same stupid issue. last week I finally snapped and replaced it with Xperia Arc S, I couldn't take it anymore. No one of my family or my friends found it an issue, but It was killing me.

Long story short, I know what you're feeling. Everybody thinks you're a lunatic, you just know the issue.

Oh nah , i showed it to a friend of mine in a lecture room where it was quite dark , he totally can see it, im still sane xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

Not pointing any fingers out but its an entirely different story when we post pictures of our issues, some will say we are just nitpicking but when they see the issue they also find it unacceptable as well.. Its always been like that with all of the screen issues I have.


EDIT:

Im wondering if there is a certain color shade that we can use to test the tablet out before buying that will not require a dark room test for us to check if there are suction cup marks.

Try to shut down the tablet , you can easily see the imperfections when its 'glowing' but it has to be in a dark room. Grey screen is the best way to check the circles but yet again it has to be in a dark room. Oh im not a picky person, when i first bought it ,i didnt check for any screen issues or defects but after 3 weeks of use i can noticed the screen burn in, circle marks and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman4now



OMG, this is truly unacceptable, I thought you were exaggerating !
Where did you get your unit ??

JB Hifi in Australia,i bought it in january, when it first came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

And I thought the suction cup rings that can be seen only in the dark are terrible but those images you posted above are beyond a horrid! I dont think anyone can classify those as ' acceptable '
Maybe they just returned the very same unit?
Can you attach a copy of the test images you used, thanks!



For real? Your not bothered by the visible cirlces at even the test color pattern that is 100% visible ? I envy your standards, no offense.

I used a pixel checker apps, sorry i cant remember the name of it. Yea im hoping for a replacement unit straight away when i head back to the store but they wouldnt give me a replacement unit because they cant see the circle marks under store lighting but they offer me to repair it which takes 6-8 weeks.Im kinda annoyed that they wouldnt replace it on the spot because the tablet was only 3 weeks old, but i cant blame them though. Hopefully they give me a replacement unit because im worried that a repaired unit would have scratches but then again it gonna take me 6-8 weeks to get my tablet back. I guess i ranked lowest in the screen lottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph168

Same as mine. But that's not really bothering me though. I love this tab. What I have concerned is the screen burn in :(

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium App

Been using my tablet on 0 brightness since day 1 and i still received screen burn-in. Im curious how bad is screen burn-in after two years of use.
13th February 2012, 04:52 AM |#100  
Impossible to check for this quality issue at the store and might prove difficult to show at the service center unless they have a room where the lights can go off. A user from a local forum also reported that he has visible circles on his screen. I dont know how severe as he didnt post pictures but Im starting to believe all the tab7.7's suffer from this defect as we havent seen someone dispel our fears..
13th February 2012, 04:53 AM |#101  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
just a quick question,

are those imperfections noticeable under normal circumstances

IE, a not so dark room, under normal light conditions etc.

and is it also noticeable if you set the brightness to at least 20% or more?

please advise. I'm about to buy one to replace my existing tab 2 days from now. But those things worries me, selling point of this tablet over the other tabs is the screen, the SAMOLED PLUS screen, and if it's its greatest strength and weakness, then i'll stick to my old tab or get the 7.0+ for the dual core.. sigh.. =(
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
circle, dots, rings, screen issue, tint

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes