FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] SMS_MMS_SIP enabled on [ROM][Nightly][ICS/JB] TeamEos (umts_everest/MZ601)

1,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 649

By trip007in, Senior Member on 25th January 2012, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

I am new to xoom, but with my little skills I have modded the Framework-res.apk for umts_everest/MZ601 on TeamEOS nighlty ICS build. I used framework from nightly build 8. If required will update this in future. I have tested SMS feature. Have not tested the SIP as I do not have access. Telephony works but as a well known fact mic and speakers are not supported yet so its almost useless.

I have tested it on latest build nightly 10 it works well, however please backup ROM before flashing.

A Word of caution, flash this MOD at your own risk, Please do not blame me for bricked devices

How to flash:
Just download the update.zip attached, copy it to SDCARD.
Enter recovery and backup the ROM first.
Now flash the MOD and reboot.

The Latest Version can be found here [Build Version 79]

Press thanks button if This helped you.
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to trip007in For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trip007in Ad-Free

26th January 2012, 12:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 488

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip007in

Hi guys,

I am new to xoom, but with my little skills I have modded the Framework-res.apk for umts_everest/MZ601 on TeamEOS nighlty ICS build. I used framework from nightly build 8. If required will update this in future. I have tested SMS feature. Have not tested the SIP as I do not have access. Telephony works but as usual mic and speakers are not supported yet so its almost useless.

Please note that I have not tested it on latest build, so please backup ROM before flashing.

A Word of caution, flash this MOD at your own risk, Please do not blame me for bricked devices

How to flash:
Just download the update.zip attached, copy it to SDCARD.
Enter recovery and backup the ROM first.
Now flash the MOD and reboot.

Press thanks button if This helped you.

I've been waiting for someone to get around to this again, ever since the old Tiamat days when it was enabled. BUT (and it's a big but) can you do this mod for a different EOS build? Like Stingray perhaps #hint hint#

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brittoking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brittoking Ad-Free
26th January 2012, 12:54 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittoking

I've been waiting for someone to get around to this again, ever since the old Tiamat days when it was enabled. BUT (and it's a big but) can you do this mod for a different EOS build? Like Stingray perhaps #hint hint#

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

yeah.. Just upload your framework-res.apk from the ROM. But I can not test it you will have to do it on your own.
26th January 2012, 05:11 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
SMS works well with nightly 9. Thank you once again. Cheers.
26th January 2012, 05:21 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmoksha

SMS works well with nightly 9. Thank you once again. Cheers.

Tested on Nightly 10, works well.
26th January 2012, 07:15 AM |#6  
Flag kudus
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Can I flash to mz600? Or it only for mz601?

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Not working for mz600.. will post framework-res for mz600 tonight
The Following User Says Thank You to monyozt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift monyozt Ad-Free
26th January 2012, 08:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Working great here too. Can you somehow make the voice run?
26th January 2012, 11:12 AM |#8  
Flag kudus
Thanks Meter: 101

More
here my original framework-res.apk from MZ600 nightly build 25 (Eos-stingray_cdma-25.zip)
Attached Files
File Type: zip framework-res.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.01 MB, 187 views)
26th January 2012, 11:36 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vouldjeff

+1

Regards.
26th January 2012, 12:37 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
I'm sorry my friend. I am on 3 days official tour. So you will have to wait for 3 days. Mean while if I have access to a PC or laptop I will try to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monyozt

here my original framework-res.apk from MZ600 nightly build 25 (Eos-stingray_cdma-25.zip)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trip007in For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trip007in Ad-Free
26th January 2012, 12:40 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
That would be really awesome friends, but the hardware support is required in the room and I don't have so much knowledge about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouldjeff

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)