FORUMS

How to minimise/hide incoming calls?

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By R Forrester, Junior Member on 26th January 2012, 07:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Often I'll be busy browsing or writing a message or whatever and I'll be interrupted by the full-screen incoming call display.

I'm looking for something that automatically puts incoming calls in the background, ideally just in the notification bar or something without interrupting the current app.

It's particularly annoying when I'm writing a message in Opera for example and an incoming call wipes the message because Opera doesn't have a proper restore state.

I don't want to block calls all together, just make them less intrusive.

I found a program called backgrounder, but it didn't seem to work, and from the youtube video I saw of it, a full screen still appears to pop up on an incoming call.
28th July 2012, 09:24 AM |#2  
Flag Ploiești
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Forrester

Often I'll be busy browsing or writing a message or whatever and I'll be interrupted by the full-screen incoming call display.

I'm looking for something that automatically puts incoming calls in the background, ideally just in the notification bar or something without interrupting the current app.

It's particularly annoying when I'm writing a message in Opera for example and an incoming call wipes the message because Opera doesn't have a proper restore state.

I found a program called backgrounder, but it didn't seem to work, and from the youtube video I saw of it, a full screen still appears to pop up on an incoming call.

+1

BUMP
28th July 2012, 09:25 AM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag ♥♥Bradford♥♥
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Does this application works?

Edward Cullen
3rd October 2012, 12:56 AM |#4  
Flag Turku
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Forrester

+1 also..
6th November 2012, 12:09 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
I just googled this again and realised I made this thread a while ago. I'm still after the same thing. Anyone know if it's possible?
27th February 2013, 11:02 AM |#6  
Flag Turku
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Re: How to minimise/hide incoming calls?
Small Call by Apps Falyf works pretty nice

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
6th May 2013, 10:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Another good app with that option
Quote:
Originally Posted by eerlinn

Small Call by Apps Falyf works pretty nice

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Haven't tried it, but recently discovered a nice app called itouch which simulates apple's assistive touch feature. If you press "home" or "recent apps" on it during an incoming call, it takes you out of the incoming call screen, and you can use your phone normally without having to cancel on the person calling one of its many great features.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmyness For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jimmyness Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 12:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyness

Haven't tried it, but recently discovered a nice app called itouch which simulates apple's assistive touch feature. If you press "home" or "recent apps" on it during an incoming call, it takes you out of the incoming call screen, and you can use your phone normally without having to cancel on the person calling one of its many great features.

Nice! i will try it too! Thanks

EDIT: but where did you found that app?
20th July 2013, 03:35 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elspag

Nice! i will try it too! Thanks

EDIT: but where did you found that app?

i tryied smallcalls, it minimize the incoming call, but when you answer it goes full screen... it doesnt help me much since my point was to keep it minimized when i am in the car and am using my GPS...

any other idea? maybe there is a way using Tasker?
The Following User Says Thank You to eaglex01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eaglex01 Ad-Free
17th October 2017, 11:45 AM |#10  

More
An other NEW android software which probably will be helpful too, is the 'Eclipse Hider'
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipse_free.eclipse_free.eclipse_f ree&hl=en

facebook.com/eclipse.hider/
31st December 2018, 01:41 AM |#11  

More
settings > apps > phone > advanced > draw over other apps > no

i guess?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)