Here is a flashable zip of 3 scripts that when put together speed up your phone and make it faster. I did not write these scripts, I just edited them to work like Car-O-Dopes tweaks. It basically has the same values as Car-o-Dopes tweaks. I used the S97ramscript, KickAssKernel, and 02sicktweaks but I changed the values of each script to match what Car-o-Dopes tweaks do, and I wanted to share this with you all because it makes installing these tweaks easier and faster. Thanks to zeppelinrox for the kickasskernelizer, Juwe11 for the S97ramscript, Smokinl1337 for the 02sicktweaks, coffehandle for giving me the idea when he made his own tweaks, and Car-o-Dope for coming up with the ultimate combination of out-of-memory settings and sysctl tweaks that make your phone smooth as butter.
I use this on my HTC Evo 4g running Shooter E3D, with AnthraX kernel and it works like a charm.
Just incase anyone is wondering what this does for your phone, it can make it run a lot faster, smoother, and a whole lot better. It could possibly increase battery life as well.
Thanks to coffeehandle for update-script, now there's no need to mount /system and /data. When using either of the two updated scripts below, skip steps 9 and 11.
Sense Version (skip steps 9 and 11)
AOSP Version (skip steps 9 and 11) - vfs cache pressure changed to 10
Flash at your own risk. I am in no way responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
Instructions: Follow Exactly
1) Make a nandroid backup incase something goes wrong or you want to revert.
2) Download a file manager like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer (I use Root explorer).
3) Open up root explorer and go to /system/etc/init.d. Click on the "Mount R/W"(that way you can delete files).
4) Delete any or move to a folder on your sdcard (incase you want to revert) any ram scripts or ram tweaks you may have that is in the "init.d" folder (examples of ram scripts or tweaks are 01sysctl, 06sysctl, 02sicktweaks, S97ramscript, 99supercharge, and 98Kickasskernel).
5) Also if you are running v6 supercharger, you need to un-supercharge. If you are running Kickass Kernelizer, you need to un-kernelize and do not run those scripts while you have the niftyconiptionsscripts installed.
6) Uninstall any ram manager apps or task killers and do not use these.
7) After you uninstall all of that, reboot your phone and verify that none of the scripts you had before are still installed. (it will mess with the scripts you are about to install).
8) Boot into recovery (preferably Amon Ra).
9) [ONLY DO THIS STEP IF YOU ARE USING THE ORIGINAL TWEAKS] Once in recovery, you need to mount /system, then mount /data.
10) Find the niftyconiptionstweaks.zip you downloaded and flash it.
11) [ONLY DO THIS STEP IF YOU ARE USING THE ORIGINAL TWEAKS] After you flash the zip, go back and unmount /system. Don't mess with the /data because after you flashed the zip, it automatically unmounted the /data for you.
12) Reboot phone and enjoy. Let your phone set at the lock screen for about 2 minutes, unlock and let it set for another 2 minutes to let it settle in. Your phone will become dramatically smoother after about an hour.
To see if the settings stick, in root explorer go to /system/etc/init.d and see if you can find the scripts. For a double check, download Rom Toolbox, go to the "performance" tab then check the "Auto Memory Manager" and see if it has values of 6,12,55,70,85,100 and "Sysctl tweaks" section to see if it has the values of 4096, 70, 50, 50.
If you're having trouble getting the settings to stick, double check that you've done all the instructions and if you have, download Busybox Installer off of the market and change your busybox to 1.18.2. Remove the scripts that may have been installed when you first flashed these tweaks, reboot, reboot again into recovery and flash the scripts.