Originally Posted by stylohaku
In addition to great post by s_superman, this is how i achieve s-off using this method, at first i come to a difficulties and finally succeed after 5 attempt. So you if you find my post help, good for you.
Reminder: I will not responsible for any damage done to your devices.
Tools that you need:
- Evo 3d GSM
- USB Cable
- Micro SD Card Adapter
- A Laptop with build in card reader / USB card reader adapter
Download the following file/tools that s_superman provide (refer 1st post).
- xvi32 hex editor
- adb.rar - Extract to C:\adb\
Unlock your phone using HTCDev.com
* Please make sure at the end of the unlock procedure you did not relock it back by typing "fastboot oem lock"
- this will relock your devices!
Now your devices should reboot.
1. Plug in your cable in charge mode
2. Open command prompt.
3. Type "cd c:\adb"
4. Type "adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p31 of=/mnt/sdcard/mmcblk0p31.img"
5. Minimize your command prompt window, DO NOT EXIT.
1. Change your USB mode from "Charge Only" to "Disk Drive"
2. Open xvi32 Hex Editor you downloaded.
3. In the xvi32 window, click open> browse to mmcblk0p31.img located in your Sd Card.
4. Change the version to 1.20.401.2 (row 9A, refer to 1st post how to do this).
5. Click Save.
6. Change your USB mode from "Disk Drive" to " Charge Only".
1. Open back command prompt window
2. Type "adb shell dd if=/mnt/sdcard/mmcblk0p31.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p31"
3. Type "adb reboot-bootloader"
4. Plug in your USB Cable, select "Fastboot" if you are still in hboot menu. You will see "Fastboot" turn to "Fastboot USB".
5. Open back your command prompt, type "fastboot oem lock"
6. At your phone, don't do anything, just select "power down" and make sure it power off.
7. Remove the battery.
1. Take out the SD Card and put it in the Sd Card adapter.
2. Plug it to your PC and transfer the PG86IMG.zip into the sdcard. Do not put it in the folder.
3. Remove the card from the PC and put it in your phone, put back the battery but DO NOT connect the USB cable to your phone.
4. Press volume down button first (do not let go), and then press power button. The bootloader menu will show up.
5. It will now detects PG86IMG.zip image, let it be for a while and it will bring the update menu, press volume up button to update.
6. It will now update your image.
1. After finished, remove the PG86IMG.zip from your SD Card immediately using file browser ( if cannot just power down, remove the card from your phone, and plug to your adapter> connect to PC> remove PG86IMG.zip> and put the card back to your phone).
2. You will now have hboot 1.49.0007
3. Unlock your devices again using HTCDev Method (again, in the end of the procedure, DO NOT relock your devices by typing "fastboot oem lock").
5. In your roms, please enable USB Debugging. You can change it in Setting>Applications>Development>.
6. Disable Fastboot. You can do that in Setting>Power>.
1. If you install the HTC Sync, please uninstall
it now as revolutionary I0 will not work.
2. Go to revolutionary.i0
3. Download the one for according to your PC OS, window or linux.
4. After you download, you will see the revolutionary i0 web will show "Beta Key" window.
5. Extract the revolutionaryi0 file to C:\rev\
6. Make sure you connect your USB cable and put in charge mode.
1. Download HTC Driver from HERE
. Double click and install it (no window will appear in my case, so i assume it is already install after 2-3 minutes).
2. Go to C:\rev\, double click the Revolutionary.exe in the folder (for XP) or right click>run as administrator (for Vista/ Window 7).
3. Command prompt will appear, it will automatically detects your phone serial no. (in my case HT..........).
4. In the "Beta Key" box in the Revolutionary i0 web just now, Select the model of the phone and your hboot version. In this case 1.49.0007.
5. Write the serial no. you got from command prompt and write it into the "serial no." fields, click "Generate Key".
* Please make sure the serial no. you enter are correct, there are small differences between 0 and O, i and I, l and L, U and V.
6. Type the key that appear in the web into the command prompt and hit "Enter".
7. Now sit back and relax, it will do it jobs automatically until your device achieve S-Off.
8. It will prompt you to download and install recovery image. Type Y and hit "Enter".
9. Wait until it is finished, reboot if it not reboot autmoatically.
If you encounter problem that you cannot charging your devices while phone off. This is due to CWM recovery version of 188.8.131.52 which have charging bug while off.
So you have to flash recovery version 184.108.40.206
How to do it:
1. Download recovery image from HERE
(Credit to Monx)
2. There are two ways of flashing
- In your roms, install Flash Image Gui
- Put the downloaded recovery image in your SD Card
- Browse and Flash em.
- Put the recovery image into C:\adb\ folder
- Reboot your devices to bootloader mode (power off, unplug cable, vol - and then power button)
- Plug cable until "fastboot" change to "fastboot USB".
- Open command prompt, type "cd c:\adb"
- Then type "fastboot flash recovery cwm-220.127.116.11-shooteru.img"
Now you have s-off with CWM recovery.
CREDIT TO ALL DEV/FORUMERS WHO GAVE ME THE KNOWLEDGE.
others that contribute (sorry i have a bad memory in remembering names).
Again, this is not my work, i just showing you guys how i achieve s-off. It is difficult so that is why i post this, might help few users who are new to all this stuff just like me.
Cheers and Good Luck