Originally Posted by trkaaa
- Usually flashing ARHD 6.5 is for S-OFF devices
- you should of done S-OFF before updating to ICS , revolutionary don't support hboot 1.27 yet
- if you want S-OFF , then watch for this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1522351 for a new method to S-OFF ICS devices as they say , wait for their beta and decide for yourself
- anyway , there is a method to flash ARHD on S-ON devices if you want to do it until S-OFF method for your case is issued
- for flash ARHD on S-ON , follow the title "Flash custom roms " in my Post here , Basically it uses htc dev to unlock bootloader and instal custom rom and flash the boot.img for the saame rom through fastboot
Thank you very much, trkaa, it was an extremely helpful answer, and difficult to find elsewhere. I hope others will find your answer as well, because there is a lot of crap out there about this. I have now been reading a lot, and I see what you mean - I should have s-off'ed it before I accepted the upgrade. So now I have to wait for the new S-OFF method, that will hopefully come. Just one more question: I cannot really understand what options I have and what problems I run into if I go for your third option, flashing ARHD on S-ON. I can see all the problems with the HTC dev unlock, and I am not sure that I will go that route. What I am unsure about is, can I install ARHD 6.6 and/ or the gingerbread editions as I like after htc dev unlock, or should I expect a variety of problems? Maybe no one can really tell the problems I might run into with hboot 1.27000 yet?