FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Q> How to install Argen2Stone?

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By devilbatghost, Member on 31st January 2012, 06:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ive tried to install the Argen2Stone 2.7RE on my milestone 2 UK retail running on stock GB 2.3.4!

the funny thing is it always end up on black screen after i restore the argen2stone nandroid and applying the FixedSBF before rebooting my MS2.. i cant access the recovery because after the red motorola logo its already black screen.

Did i do something wrong about it? in the thread of Argen2Stone it say its for any ROM so assuming it should work on UK GB stock!.. Hope anyone can help thanks!

Edit: Got it working using the fixed SBF provided by endless7 CM7.. the thing is the FixedSBF.zip provided in argen2stone is not compatible with UK GB 2.3.4 so after i installed the argen2stone 2.7RE, reboot and gone on a black screen then flashed the fixedSBF using RSD lite then recovery, factory reset..

31st January 2012, 09:20 AM |#2  
Flag Queensland
Thanks Meter: 114

More
try entering motorola recovery by holding x when powering on. If it will let you get that far, do factory reset from there an see how that goes. Also make sure you are trying to flash the right sbf, because even group users have to flash a fixed sbf. So you didn't recesarily flash the right one just cause you flashed one

I cant be screwed to find the direct link now as I‘m on my tablet, so please refer to my guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1464507
Around halfway down you will find a section titled install instructions (gingerbread users). There I have the correct link for the fixed sbf you need (this one needs to be flashed with rsd lite btw)

Edit: now that I think about it, your mistake was flashing the fixed sbf. All it does is chanew your kernel, and you were already on the one you needed. So flashing the sbf changed it to a kernel no longer compatible with your phone since you updated to 2.3.6 (non downgradable).
Flashing the sbf I'm referring to earlier should fix you up
31st January 2012, 11:15 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateDan

try entering motorola recovery by holding x when powering on. If it will let you get that far, do factory reset from there an see how that goes. Also make sure you are trying to flash the right sbf, because even group users have to flash a fixed sbf. So you didn't recesarily flash the right one just cause you flashed one

I cant be screwed to find the direct link now as I‘m on my tablet, so please refer to my guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1464507
Around halfway down you will find a section titled install instructions (gingerbread users). There I have the correct link for the fixed sbf you need (this one needs to be flashed with rsd lite btw)

Edit: now that I think about it, your mistake was flashing the fixed sbf. All it does is chanew your kernel, and you were already on the one you needed. So flashing the sbf changed it to a kernel no longer compatible with your phone since you updated to 2.3.6 (non downgradable).
Flashing the sbf I'm referring to earlier should fix you up

thanks for the reply.. well even the stock recovery is not accessible the option i did was reflash all over again.. thankfully i got it working using fixedSBF from endless7 CM7.

Edit: revert back to stock GB rom.. this rom eats up too much RAM >.<...

in stock rom i can manage a 220mb free ram on standby but this rom when on standby for too long manage 175-185mb free rom.. maybe ill try CM9 next!
22nd February 2012, 05:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi guys, someone could use the FMRadio??
22nd February 2012, 08:37 PM |#5  
Flag São Carlos (SP)
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by americogiovani

hi guys, someone could use the FMRadio??

Unfortunately, it's not possible to use the FM radio in our Milestone 2, no matter with which app and rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)