Here's a tutorial on how you can edit the lock ring on all Sense Lockscreens!!
First and Foremost, DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!!!! I am not responsible for any mistakes that you make or if anything happens to your phone.
Now we can start the tutorial!!
- Download the Virtuous Ten Studio from here and install it.
NOTE: To edit the images and compile it without getting a watermark on the image, you will need to buy a license.
- Using Root Explorer (Or any other file explorer) go to system/app and copy the fusion.apk to your sdcard.
- Copy these apks to your computer and open VTS
You could also directly PULL the apk from your phone:
adb pull /system/app/fusion.apk will pull the file to whatever directory you open the command prompt from
(Thanks to NRGZ28 for giving this suggestion)
- Once the program has opened up, click on file then new project
- Select the M10-Project option and type in the Project Name and Solution Name. (This can be any name you like)
- On the left side menu select M10-Engine and select Sense version. (This will be the same Sense version you are running or you are making a lock ring for.)
- Then select import from the left side menu and browse to your fusion.apk file. Then click ok.
- On the left side you will see the Solution Explorer. Navigate through the folders. The lock ring image will be in assets\<name of skin>\drawable\shared\Images. The name of the lock ring will be lockscreen_ring.png. Right click this file and click open in explorer.
- The folder containing the png will open up. Replace that image with your image making sure that the file you are copying has EXACTLY the SAME name and same size.
(The second post includes tips and tricks on adding effects to the lock ring)
- Then once you have replaced the lock ring with whatever pictures you want, go back to the program and right click on your project name. Then click on Build Project.
- The application will automatically zipalign and sign it for you so you do not have to do anything.
- Once the apk is built, right click the same project name and click on Open in Explorer. Then navigate to the Binary folder and copy that fusion.apk.
- Now you can either push the apk to your phone or copy and paste it using Root Explorer (or any other file explorer) or you can make a flashable zip out of it.
To make a flashable zip, download the blank update.zip that i have attached in this post. Then open it with winrar or winzip etc.. and then copy the apk file into the system/app folder in the update.zip
DO NOT EXTRACT the update.zip
Then you can flash this zip file normally from recovery.
- Also make sure that if you are copying the file to the system/app, set the permissions as RW-R--R
Now reboot and enjoy your new lock ring!!
I will be taking requests, so if you want any particular lock ring just attach the pictures and i will make it for you as soon as possible
I will be porting all the lock rings on a request basis as it will be very time consuming to do all. Those that have been updated will be in Bold.
Thanks to Lee for his awesome Leedroid ROM!!
Thanks to DiamondBack, Flemmard, Vaelek and Cypis for the Virtuous Ten Studio!!
Thanks to SeriouslyCrazy, Dougi and Steve0007 for their Sense 3.5/3.6 workaround!
A big thanks to all the other devs on XDA!!
If I've missed out anyone who has contributed to this, please tell me and i will add their names.