1. Browse to the file that you want to fix permissions
2. Tap Mount R/W button
3. long press the application, a window will pop up:

4. Select Permissions and change them to rw-r--r--

CHANGE OWNER TO ROOT:

1. Browse to the file that you want to fix permissions
2. Tap Mount R/W button
3. long press the application, a window will pop up:
4. Select Change Owner and change Owner and Group to 0- root (is the first of the list)

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to lavero.burgos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lavero.burgos Ad-Free
1st February 2012, 01:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Veronica,

Are there are benefits to using Root Explorer over other file managers like ES File Explorer? If I remember correctly, Root Explorer was a paid app, so I ended up just getting ES, haha.

I seem to be managing fine with ES and haven't had any permissions problems after doing a good bit of fooling around with system apps and such. Just wondering if there's anything better about Root Explorer. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solar.Plexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Solar.Plexus Ad-Free
1st February 2012, 05:41 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar.Plexus

Veronica,

Are there are benefits to using Root Explorer over other file managers like ES File Explorer? If I remember correctly, Root Explorer was a paid app, so I ended up just getting ES, haha.

I seem to be managing fine with ES and haven't had any permissions problems after doing a good bit of fooling around with system apps and such. Just wondering if there's anything better about Root Explorer. Thanks.

Well the only benefit so far is that you can change owner with RT, ES file explorer doesn't have that function that is needed for fixes of files (ex. adhoc wifi fix), or hacks in apps that sometimes moving them to /system/app is not enough and you need to change owner.

~ Veronica
1st February 2012, 05:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Also, in messing with ES a bit, it seems to just allow you access to your SD card...unless I'm missing something.

All in all, I'd recommend Root Explorer just for mult-select alone.
1st February 2012, 07:11 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denmmurray

Also, in messing with ES a bit, it seems to just allow you access to your SD card...unless I'm missing something.

All in all, I'd recommend Root Explorer just for mult-select alone.

Yes you are missing something in settings>> Home Directory change current directory to /

~ Veronica
6th December 2012, 10:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Why is it telling me ".apk copy failed" when i try to copy from sd card to system/app? Im using ES File Explorer
6th December 2012, 01:44 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xonzer

Why is it telling me ".apk copy failed" when i try to copy from sd card to system/app? Im using ES File Explorer

do you root explorer enabled in the settings for es file explorer? you need to enable that in order to make the /system folder writable. once that is enabled you should have no problems copying apk's to your /system folder.
2nd January 2013, 07:14 PM |#8  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavero.burgos

Well the only benefit so far is that you can change owner with RT, ES file explorer doesn't have that function that is needed for fixes of files (ex. adhoc wifi fix), or hacks in apps that sometimes moving them to /system/app is not enough and you need to change owner.

~ Veronica

I have just downloaded ES file explorer and it still doesn't have this function Don't know when they want to add it...
2nd January 2013, 08:16 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipike

I have just downloaded ES file explorer and it still doesn't have this function Don't know when they want to add it...

ES File Explorer - settings - root settings - Mount file system
27th April 2013, 12:27 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
path
I only need to fix the file? or also the complete path to the file?
File is the filename

Path is the complete directory and path to that file.

Which one is necessary??
30th April 2013, 12:10 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
huh
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopyar

I only need to fix the file? or also the complete path to the file?
File is the filename

Path is the complete directory and path to that file.

Which one is necessary??

so what is the problem here, can you rephrase your question, as so I can understand what you are looking for so I can offer some help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
explorer, fix permissions, owner, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)