No personal information is on it. I have restored it to my two Kindle Fire's without issue via TWRP/CWM. Bare and ready for anyone's use.
- ICS Themed
- Custom boot animation
- Kindle Fire Stock Keyboard
- intersectRaven kernel OC 1.2Ghz (version 20120207_1949)
- Modified build prop for more market apps
- Ad's blocked via host
- Gallery3D replaced with QuickPic (much faster)
- Button Savior to replace "Home, Menu, Back" buttons anywhere.
- Volume Control to quickly adjust volume anywhere.
- Gapps included
- Setup to look like a tablet (not a big phone)
Apk's removed (likely a few more not listed here that I forget to list below)
Need something here? Check the Extra Section:
Androidian.apk AndroidTerm.apk Bluetooth.apk Browser.apk (install one of your choosing) Camera.apk CarHomeGoogle.apk CMStats.apk CMUpdateNotify.apk CMWallpapers.apk Contacts.apk DeskClock.apk Development.apk DownloadProviderUi.apk DSPManager.apk Email.apk FileManager.apk Gallery3D.apk (replaced with QuickPic) GenieWidget.apk HTMLViewer.apk LatinImeTutorial.apk LiveWallpapers.apk MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk Mms.apk Music.apk Pacman.apk Phone.apk Protips.apk RomManager.apk SetupWizard.apk SoundRecorder.apk Talk.apk TelephonyProvider.apk VisualizationWallpapers.apk VoiceDialer.apk GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk (one search installed should be enough) FOTAKill.apk OneTimeInitializer.apk Provision.apk Cyanbread.apk
- Most ringtone, sounds/notifications (need them? Look at the extra section)
- All languages beside's English (need another language? Look at the extra section)
I urge you to make your own backup before restoring this one!
- Extract the contents of the download to the root of your sd card. (You will need 7-zip)
- Boot into recovery. (Hold power button until it turns orange when you first power on your Kindle Fire)
- To prevent problem's "Factory Reset", wipe "cache", "dalvik cache", and "system".
- Flash "Step_1_CM7BAREBONES.zip" like you would any other rom, but do not reboot afterwords. Go back to the Main Menu instead.
- In TWRP, Click Restore, and choose "STEP_2_CM7BAREBONES". Make sure "Data" is checked and select "Restore Now". If using CWM, click backup and restore>advanced restore>CM7_Barebones_Step2>Restore Data
- Reboot and enjoy.
I always recommend a clean install. But you can try without wiping.
Just Flash "Step_1_CM7BAREBONES.zip". No need to do "STEP_2_CM7BAREBONES" (nothing changed). System should be wiped and the new files copied over. If you have problem's, wipe everything and do a clean install.
Tip's on usage:
- Swipe up on the homescreen to open notifications.
- Swipe down on the homescreen to hide/show the statusbar.
- Button Savior is at the left/middle. (can be changed). Useful when you need to exit a fullscreen app or the statusbar is hidden.
- Volume Control is at the top/center. (can be changed). Slide finger along the bar to adjust the volume.
- Home button on the statusbar is mapped to open the app drawer.
- Note: Install a web browser of your choosing.
Android Market error -101 and Google problem fixed.
Supercharger and ad-block got left out on the last release. Fixed.
02-08-2012 - Removed all languages besides English. (Need another language? check extra section)
02-08-2012 - Removed alot of ringtones/sounds (Need a sound? Check extra section)
02-08-2012 - Updated build.prop to show correct build (2.3.7)
02-08-2012 - Using Ravens newest kernel for improved performance/battery life
02-09-2012 - Removed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk, FOTAKill.apk, OneTimeInitializer.apk, Provision.apk, and Cyanbread.apk
02-09-2012 - New build Based on the latest commits from 02-08-2012
02-09-2012 - added back ContactsProvider.apk that was accidently removed, fixing the Gapps FC errors.
03-12-2012 - now based off of the "loosethisskin repo".
03-12-2012 - CWM support added! Finally! Flash with whatever recovery you prefer.
03-29-2012 - Based off 03/25/2012 build
03-29-2012 - Now using ravens 20120223_1513 kernel
Download: Be sure to click thanks! MediaFire links (why does anyone use anything else?):
Download Link 03-29-2012 (new version) 60MB: MD5 74D3680A931E744F2F5A23A480E66F8F
Download Link 03-12-2012 (old version) 60MB: MD5 652BE93CC8BF22353678CE2BE10B56E6
Download Link 02-09-2012 (old version) UPDATED 3:40PMEST 56MB: MD5 0AC03735F0DAF54274C729D75BA82B0C
Download Link 02-08-2012 (old version) 59MB: MD5 14DA657EDB8B572F34700A1AE323A86F
Download Link 02-01-2012 (old version) 68MB: MD5 1109E5DE0EB2CD56BD640DD37A852F29
Most stuff removed.7zip (updated 03-29-2012)
Most stuff removed.z7 (updated 03-12-2012)
Most stuff removed.7z (updated 02-09-2012)
cm7stock-kernel.zip (updated 02-09-2012)
People I want to thank:
Everyone. Seriously. This forum is awesome.
Don't forget to hit the Thanks button, rate the thread, etc... if you enjoyed this release. Thank you.