Not sure whether anyone ever created this, whether it already exists, or even whether it's useful, but nevertheless I **proudly** present to you:
Building an ODIN package using a cwm-installable script!
If you want to do it using ADB (either through dos or cygwin), please go to this topic:
The making of ... an ODIN installable package
Simple, single step, effective and based on the original files of XXKPS (adsp.mbn, amss.mbn, cache.img.ext4, preload.img.ext4) running this zip will create an Odin package.
It takes only 6 to 7 minutes to build the file!
It does not include the cache or preload of your ROM (so your data is safe when distributing these files as far as I know!!).
This way you can easily share any ROM you have created by combining parts of other ROMs. For instance, if you installed Cranium ROM, added Feamod to it, did the 14-button mod and added the ICS mod too - build the Odin md5 zip with this package and share your custom modded ROM with the community!!
XXKPS or XXKPS - thanks broodPlank!
XXKPU - thanks broodPlank!
XXKQ1 - thanks broodPlank!
XXKQ7 - thanks broodPlank!
XXKQB or XXKQB - thanks broodPlank!
XXKQE - thanks broodPlank!
XXKQI - thanks broodPlank!
DXLD3 - thanks somboons!
** Please upload this file to mirrors and post them when available
- Please make sure you have installed Feamod Recovery
- Build your ROM, add all mods, make it the way you want to share it
- Check whether the internal sdcard has enough space (at least 2 GB)
- Copy the zip to your internal or external sdcard
- Reboot into recovery (Poweroff, then press Vol-Up and Poweron)
- Select "install zip from sdcard" and browse to the location you used in step 4
- Select the zip... it will start building the Odin package immediately
Please allow the system to build the zip in step 7 - this will take several minutes!
Other Stock ROMs
Like broodPlank did, you can also make a CWM installer for Odin packages that create other Stock ROMs:
- Download BuildOdinCWM-noBaseRom.zip
- Download the Stock ROM of your choice
- Extract the following files from the Stock ROM: Quote:
- Zip all files and folders back up and ready
If you want to use another name for your new Odin package, please replace "MyOdinpack" with whatever name you like the following files in the scripts folder:
BuildOdin.sh(make sure to use a text editor that can handle Unix files like Notepad++ or UltraEdit)
Please share your new creations, like broodPlank did