[RUMOR] ICS coming to the Photon!

811 posts
Thanks Meter: 462

By ainen, Senior Member on 2nd February 2012, 06:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My friend works at a Sprint store and he just told me that the Motorola rep came in and told him that the Photon is getting ICS "Q2, April, May, or June". I know they haven't officially announced it but this is a good sign.

I found this image from another Sprint employee posted in the CM9 thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to ainen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ainen Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 06:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainen

My friend works at a Sprint store and he just told me that the Motorola rep came in and told him that the Photon is getting ICS "Q2, April, May, or June". I know they haven't officially announced it but this is a good sign.

As a Sprint Employee for quite some time, I have learned to take what the manufacture reps' say with a grain of salt. As focused as they may come across, a lot of them seemed pumped with cocaine and talk to hear themselves! Hoping that this is true, I am still very happy with the CM9 development and how far it has come and dont see myself switching to any other ROM.
2nd February 2012, 07:11 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 393

More
Also you have to take in consideration that motorola has **NEVER** kept their word about any update or any promise they make. they are always months to sometimes a year behind what they promise us. all with a smile on their face. i do know this phone will or should get ICS considering it is still one of the best phones on the market. i am actually about to get this phone in a few days when my tax money comes in. it was either this or the EVO 3D.

plan on a fully stable CM9 ICS rom before motorola decides to release their official version.
2nd February 2012, 08:10 PM |#4  
Flag Fort Mitchell, KY
Thanks Meter: 107

More
I dont want a bloated Moto sandwich. I'll wait out cm9.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
2nd February 2012, 09:23 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,425

Donate to Me
More
while i could care less about getting official ics, it means we will get source and blobs we need for camera and hw acceleration... which leaves...? 4g?

and id really take that timeline with a grain of salt, i mean look at the razr ics leak.. our cm9 build has more working better, and tahts the device they promised updates to first :/ im thinking that all the manufactuers were thinking that ics would be a breeze and are finding out differently
The Following User Says Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shabbypenguin Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 09:26 PM |#6  
Flag Houston Tx
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2DeeTard

+1 ha ha, bloated moto sandwich is exactly right.
2nd February 2012, 09:54 PM |#7  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbypenguin

while i could care less about getting official ics, it means we will get source and blobs we need for camera and hw acceleration... which leaves...? 4g?

Pretty much this. While I'm sure its possible that developers could rebuild the code necessary for camera and hw acceleration (I think they did this for the Incredible's ICS build) pulling from source would definitely be easier (this is how the Xoom builds got it).

That timeline is hilarious though. Vague as possible and completely useless due to Moto's rep with promises.
2nd February 2012, 10:36 PM |#8  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 639

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2DeeTard

If they release official then you wont have to worry about a bloated moto sandwich cause there will be official source and CM9 will be absolutely incredible
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyLee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeyLee Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 11:35 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainen

Yeah and it will be Blurry as ****, like a Photoshop picture with Gaussian blur set to 100% ...

And thats a **** time frame, by then I will have a new phone anyway, one from a company that DOESN'T lock their boot-loaders, and DOESN'T track its customers with embedded software, and DOESN'T treat its customers like frakking idiots...
3rd February 2012, 01:10 AM |#10  
Flag Portland Oregon
Thanks Meter: 396

More
Quote:

ICS coming to the Photon!

Rumor of course. Only a fact when in writing from an official source..... as we all know. Thread titles like this should contain [RUMOR] before the statement when OP is lacking facts and/or a link from an official or reliable source.

I know this is discussion forum, just sayin is all because there are a numerous threads like this which degrade the overall quality of the forum.
3rd February 2012, 06:43 AM |#11  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 324

More
I'll believe that the Photon is getting ICS when I see it in writing. Btw why would Moto reps be going to Sprint stores just to spread rumors?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)