First of all i'm not transferring files via usb (only if there are many small files), i set up an ftp server on my phone and connect to it via pc.
Brightness is at the lowest setting that you get with "disable auto brightness" enabled. And i even found that too much sometimes late at night.
But during that time i used maximum brightness for a short time as well to read a pdf.
Wifi is in my room. baseband 64 with very good signal reception (full bars) and 2g only. (data disabled)
I'm not trying to say that everyone should get the same battery life as me. In fact you should NOT get that much battery if you are using your android phone the way it was meant to be used.
And that is: the "always on" nature with updates and notifications etc.
What i'm highlighting here is that the version does not have a deep sleep issue at least. If it drains too much power while using some phone functions, that's different...
One twitter app that checks for new content every 5 mins would be enough to never let your phone deep sleep for example.
Anyway, after downloading an listening another 1.5 hour long podcast yesterday, here is the final picture before i charge my phone.
this are rom that i cooked for my daily use..
based on stock .62 firmware..
aiming for stability, superfast & multitasking..
with better gaming performance..
also for the enjoyment of music..
here i'm sharing it back, so u can experience it too..
- all the testers for helping with the test release
- hansip87 - framework & systemUI as base (older versions)
- serajr - Home Launcher
- mpiekp - a lot of help & reference
- sdojoin - nice framework
- zohaib0001 for reference in apk's transparency
- will add more later on..
- lock & unlock bootloader
- please do not use task killer or anything like that
- do not add other tweak or script as it will break the rom configuration
- lightwieght, slim & trimmed
- optimized for optimum performance
- FPS uncapped - up to 72fps
- disabled all logging - increase performance
- odex script included optional
- 64Mb zram - unlock bootloader only
- GPU oc - unlock bootloader only
- better ram management - multitasking
- 3G & Network speed enhanced - no battery drain
- Wifi speed optimized - with dual-band enabled
- IO speed tweak
- database optimization - compression of DB to make it smaller & load faster
- all apps are zipaligned - reduce ram usage to load it
- all newly installed apps will be check & will be zipalign
- no compression on modded apps
- PDroid patch - security app
- SuperSU - much better than Superuser imo
- latest inverted apps
- Google Play Store
- fully working XperiaSola apps
- NXT lockscreen (with music control)
- themed: XperiaS+ICS with JB
- window animation
- most of the icons
- launcher (themed stock launcher)
- will update later on..
Changelog: - what updated since 9.3
- Black/Blue layout design
- Working DefaultTheme - no patch needed
- New Xperia dark keyboard
- JellyBean Icon set
- ICS framework animations
- Nice System UI
- Redesign toggle buttons
- few more to add here
- ICS'ed setting with extra option
- Launcher option - customize it
- Statusbar widget - you can choose
- Cpu control - set your cpu
- Don't use/add any other tweak
- All implemented tweaks are tested & adjusted
- Optimized for performance & increase battery life
Before u start:
- Still new here?? Please do some reading before u proceed..
- unlock bootloader
- Sony Official site - with the official Sony Site, u will lose DRM
- Tutorial by DooMLord - for Xperia S/P/U/Sola but mostly the same for Neo/Neo V
- Unlock Bootloader via Test Point tutorial by DragonClawsAreSharp
- flash the latest Night-Elf kernel for Stock rom - experimental-lite are recommended
installations: unlock bootloader
- fully charged is recommended
- any baseband will works (baseband 56/64 are recommended)
- flash Night-Elf's kernel for GB (the latest experiment version, v10.1)
- do a full backup of your current rom (always) & use titanium backup for all your apps
- if u are on previous version, u can flash the rom without wiping anything. it will not wipe your data
- do a full wipe, format data & system
- install the main rom
- reboot into phone, do not set up anything (do not add account yet)
- reboot your phone again & let the rom settle down for at least 24 hours
- follow the instructions properly
- install any patches/fixes/updates (if any)
- refer to post #3 & #4 for extra info
- enjoy the nice rom
- flash stock 64 firmware
- root & install CWM recovery
- extract zip to folder > clockworkmod > backup > "folder name" > here
- reboot into recovery & make a backup of ur current rom
- do a full wipe & restore the backup
codenameX_framework_theme_enable.zip - 5.62 MB
AOSP themed framework (get theme from addon pack)
codenameX_framework_blue.zip - 7.67 MB
AOSP with black/blue layout, this will disable the default theme - my personal choice
codenameX_framework_xs.zip - 5.75 MB
XperiaS/Sola themed, default theme still can be use, include SystemUI (get theme from addon pack)
codenameX_setting_hololocker.zip - 2.18 MB
Holo setting with HoloLocker option - u need to download HoloLocker
codenameX_setting_no_hololocker.zip - 2.18 MB
Holo setting without HoloLocker option
codenameX_setting_xs_hololocker.zip - 2.16 MB
XS themed setting with HoloLocker option - u need to download HoloLocker
codenameX_setting_xs_no_hololocker.zip - 2.16 MB
XS themed setting without HoloLocker option
codenameX_bootanimation_fancy.zip - 886.95 KB
Slightly fancy codename bootanimation (modded from Xperia Z)
codenameX_ZipThemer_xs_icon.zip - do not flash this via recovery
Will change all visible icon (JB icon) pack in drawer with XS icons
SuperSU update: thread link
- use the one default in rom
- Xperia S theme
- Xperia Z theme
- Xperia Z v2 theme
- Music Player & Volume+ only
- beats audio
- Inverted Gmail
- Inverted Google Talk
- Inverted YouTube HD
- Gallery 3D
- Stock Wallpaper & Livewallpaper
Download link: ADDON_pack_codename_X_edition_31jan-signed.zip
CURRENTLY MINUS NO LONGER SUPPORT ANY ZIP/APK FILES
I OPEN A NEW DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THOSE WHO NOT YET REACH 10 POSTS IN Q&A SECTION, CLICK HERE
We will not responsible if u brick or damage your phone, late to work due to enjoyment of gaming or damaged your hearing due to the extra boost of music..
If your phone perform better, 'thanks' button is very usefull.
thanks & credits
zeppelinrox, mpiekp, Night-Elf, ThJap, Wolfbreak, zdzihu, jamesgary, iridaki, pikachu01
and all the awesome xda-developers