By pantizol, Member on 5th February 2012, 08:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I created a docking station for the hd2 with the following materials:
- cd dual case
- dtech solar usb hub
- mini key usb keyboard
- Kensington Universal Multi-Display Adapter
- multiple usb cables
You can connect two usb devices (usb-host only works in winmo and linux so far). Two usb ports are inside and always connected to keyboard and displaylink device. The dvi(vga)-video out function only works in hd2 linux with displaylink framebuffer installed. The 5V for usb host can be provided from external power source (usb in) or from internal battery. The internal battery (700 mAh) can power hd2 and usb devices for approximately 30 min (depends on usb devices). The internal battery can be charged over usb in. It can also be charged with solar cell but it takes forever (The actual purpose of the solar cell is to compensate self discharge).

6th February 2012, 02:08 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
hd2 with an external monitor is great...so kensington display adapter it s an external usb video card,so you can have dvi output.At wich resolution?
The Following User Says Thank You to Axel85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Axel85 Ad-Free
6th February 2012, 01:13 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I think at least less than 1600*900 because when I set that resolution in xorg.conf xserver wont start. I tried several different lower resolutions and I got an image on second screen but image actually always looked the same as if resolution was unchanged. I think this is a bug. But hopkinskong is still working on the matter so we will know for sure when he releases the final version of hd2 slackware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dvi video out, hd2, lapdock, usb host

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)