This is a WIP
How to port a theme into a skin !
(May not be perfect or complete but it works for me)
This will not include xml edits or m10 edits
1) Learn how to use 7-zip and apkmanager then …
2) Download and place on desktop of pc (windows 7) these items… A base skin (use one of mine if you like), and from the theme you like get the com.htc.resources.apk and framework-res.apk (from the system/framework folder of the theme) and the systemUI.apk and fusion.apk (from the system/app folder of the theme)
3) Right click on desktop and create new folder. Label it “myskinfiles”
4) Then open (with 7-zip or other like program) theskinyouchose.apk and drag into your new folder the “res” folder from the skin.
5) Now open the resources file and drag onto the desktop C:\Users\USER\Desktop\com.htc.resources.apk\res\dr awable-hdmi\ folder.
6) Now open the “myskinfiles” and snap it onto the left window side.
7) Open to res/drawable-hdmi and minimize.
8) Then open the drawable-hdmi from desktop and snap it into the right window side.
9) Now make sure you have both windows open and goto the right window and select all.
10) Drag all into left window. You will get a message that says “There is already a file with the same name in this location. “ On that window at the bottom where it says “do this for next 355 conflicts” check the box to the left then click on skip.
11) Then (while still highlighted) hit the “DELETE” key on your keyboard. (Let process complete)
12) Now goto right side folder and “select all” and drag to left folder again but this time select the box “do this for next 355 conflicts” and choose “Move and Replace”. Let complete and then minimize left window and close right window.
13) Now delete the C:\Users\USER\Desktop\drawable-hdmi and open framework then repeat steps 5 - 12 again with the drawable-hdmi in it then delete C:\Users\USER\Desktop\drawable-hdmi and finally, repeat steps 5 - 12 with the systemUI.
14) Now goto the skin and delete “res” folder and replace it with the C:\Users\USER\Desktop\myskinfiles\res you put together.
15) Next goto the C:\Users\USER\Desktop\fusion.apk and copy onto desktop the assets\Default\drawable\shared.m10 file.
16) Now open the skin you choose and drag that m10 into assets\skinnamefolder\drawable . it will say “confirm copy file” select yes.
17) If you want a transparent status bar and you have a ROM that supports it just go into the drawable-hdmi in your skin and find statusbar_background.png and use a program like gimp and make it totally transparent. If not then skip this step.
18) Close the skin and go into apkmanager and rename it, rezipalign it, and resign it.
Note...hdmi/hdpi you know what I mean
To port a sense 3.5 skin to sense 3.0 or vice versa follow a similar process.
Just transfer the contents from the drawable hdmi and assets folders of the original skin to the destination skin in the same method described above. It’s actually easier than porting from a theme.
For the wallpaper and skin preview just goto the image folder and replace the appropriately named files with your wallpaper of choice and take a screen capture of your finished skin then add it back into the skin and re sign.
I may have left a bunch of steps out but this will get you going until I can clean up this tutorial and add in what is needed. Have fun !!