[TOUCHRECOVERY]CWM 5.8.1.5 Touch Recovery for Desire S

Search This thread

gumenkov

Dec 27, 2008
Here is a tutorial for fastboot flashing the new CWM Touch Recovery .

Download the zip file attached and extract it anywhere .
Your phone needs to be in debugging mode and you need the lastest usb drivers instaled . ( HTC Sync )
Step 1 : Run Start Here.bat , a comand promt window will open.
Step 2 : Type in "adb reboot bootloader" . <This works on every rom , it will reboot in fastboot mod.>
Step 3 : After the phone rebooted in fastboot , type in "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.5-saga.img" .
Step 4 : You have your Touch Recovery flashed.

Attachments

• recovery-clockwork-touch-5_8_1_5-saga.rar
    3.7 MB · Views: 16,402

amidabuddha

Jun 26, 2011
can we flash it using cwm rommanager?
just like the 4ext recovery updater does...

Some info fro the author:
Koushik Dutta - 01.02.2012 (редактирано) - Обществено
ClockworkMod Touch Recovery

I've started rolling out ClockworkMod Touch recoveries in ROM Manager (v5.0.0.0, new on the market)!
http://download.clockworkmod.com/screenshots//touchrec-20120131-004121.jpg

They will be available as a $1.99 in app purchase, or as a free download on the ClockworkMod website:
http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

amidabuddha

Jun 26, 2011
Did not flashed but just watched a video on youtube.

Seems buggy and not much responsive. Also I dislike (a lot) the endless NO's in the confirmation menu. Seem poor in terms of options compared to 4*** Recovery Touch as well.

MarlX

Jun 15, 2011
www.myarcade.ws
I actually just installed it, using above. I don't feel any lag though. One thing that I don't like is that font is kinda over sized. All in all it's great compared to the regular CWM.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

ste_vlad

May 29, 2007
Buzau
Stupid question: I wasn't able to find the Power off option, I need it since my device is S-ON and I have to get to Fastboot after flashing a ROM

Reactions: romfanatic

mikepreece

Sep 25, 2006
I have install 5.8.1.5 on my HTC desire, and is all working fine, except for one issue that I am not sure if it is a feature or a bug.

When I power the phone down, and then plug in the charging cable the phone immediately boots into recovery.

Is this meant to happen, as it did not do this on any other previous versions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a tutorial for fastboot flashing the new CWM Touch Recovery .

Download the zip file attached and extract it anywhere .
    Your phone needs to be in debugging mode and you need the lastest usb drivers instaled . ( HTC Sync )
    Step 1 : Run Start Here.bat , a comand promt window will open.
    Step 2 : Type in "adb reboot bootloader" . <This works on every rom , it will reboot in fastboot mod.>
    Step 3 : After the phone rebooted in fastboot , type in "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.5-saga.img" .
    Step 4 : You have your Touch Recovery flashed.
    What video on youtube ?

Please give us a link :)

This is the video /uploaded by Koush/

Maybe a bit older version, I don't know...
    Stupid question: I wasn't able to find the Power off option, I need it since my device is S-ON and I have to get to Fastboot after flashing a ROM
    Hoe did you flash it through cwm? Because I tried to go through recovery and couldn't find it even though it was in my downloads folder

Flashing recovery? You can do it manually or what I did was, I have this ROM Toolbox Pro (I'm not sure if it's available in free version but try using the free first) app and on its Manage ROM there is an option to flash recovery, you can select either touch or the not-touch, older recovery version is also available.

Sent from my HTC Desire S
    EDIT: @padvou this was ment for u, me phone quoted wrong post

Ur phone is s-off but locked so unlock bootloader via htcdev then try flashing it again. It will work :)