FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Help me with Video out cable?

179 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By marc12868, Senior Member on 8th February 2012, 09:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok so I have a minor problem. I want to make a video out cable for the MT4GS. I have the right tools, and know-how. Anyways whenever I just use a 4 3.5mm male jack (has 4 metal contacts instead of 3, don't know what to call it), and use a rca cable and get it hooked up I can use it and it works fine sometimes. It seems that, when I get it working if I open the T-mobile TV app it shorts it out and stops the video out. And sometimes when I just plug it in to the rca port on the TV it acts like its shorting out. I don't have any shorts in the wire and no wires are touching to create a short. The only thing I can think of is maybe the voltage is going backwards into the headphone jack on the phone. Would adding a diode help with this? Anyone have any ideas or helpful information? Also to add I can get the audio out working from the phone to TV working fine, I just seem to have problems with getting video to work properly. I know I could always go and buy a cable, but I want to make one, because its cheaper.

9th February 2012, 11:19 PM |#2  
Flag Tucson, Az
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc12868

Ok so I have a minor problem. I want to make a video out cable for the MT4GS. I have the right tools, and know-how. Anyways whenever I just use a 4 3.5mm male jack (has 4 metal contacts instead of 3, don't know what to call it), and use a rca cable and get it hooked up I can use it and it works fine sometimes. It seems that, when I get it working if I open the T-mobile TV app it shorts it out and stops the video out. And sometimes when I just plug it in to the rca port on the TV it acts like its shorting out. I don't have any shorts in the wire and no wires are touching to create a short. The only thing I can think of is maybe the voltage is going backwards into the headphone jack on the phone. Would adding a diode help with this? Anyone have any ideas or helpful information? Also to add I can get the audio out working from the phone to TV working fine, I just seem to have problems with getting video to work properly. I know I could always go and buy a cable, but I want to make one, because its cheaper.

Just remember, your time is worth money too! My cable was less than $3 including shipping, that is less than a half hour of my time, at minimum wage no less!
9th February 2012, 11:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spokane Valley, WA
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket1981

Just remember, your time is worth money too! My cable was less than $3 including shipping, that is less than a half hour of my time, at minimum wage no less!

Ehh, well I don't want to wait for shipping, and in stores here they're like $10+. Anyways it's not like soldering is a burden to me. I just don't understand why it's not working. I mean the 4th contact would be used for both mic input and video output so the only thing that I can think of is voltage is traveling back into it instead of traveling out. But TV cables don't have any diodes or anything like that so I don't understand. And anyways it's not like I have anything better to do when I'm not working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)