Thanks Meter: 118

By zargloub, Member on 8th February 2012, 05:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2013, 09:27 AM |#371  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolrunnerII

First I have to finnish with the pannel driver. It looks like it was worked on intensively for a while, and then just dropped when it started behaving more or less.

It actually freezes the cpu for more than a second after pressing the power button. So that is one of the reasons it takes 3-4 seconds before getting a picture. Sometimes it even takes so long time to get the picture on the screen that it goes back to suspend before showing the unlock-screen.

I am also going to connect the phone to an external power supply and measure what the battery drain in suspend is now. Depending on that I'll know what areas may increase the battery life even more.

Hi, just tell you that I disabled suspend (wakelock) with a script for init.d and the wifi works without problems with your last stable kernel (neither misconnections nor disconnections). Also, I think that the current suspend process drains the battery because when I disabled it the phone consumed less battery. Maybe a temporary solution is disable suspend from the kernel.

Best.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
11th January 2013, 06:57 PM |#372  

More
Quote:

Maybe you can use fastboot and flash the latest boot.img file (The one with LCD power off) into your phone, and then check if you still get lost keys.

I haven't had the problem on my phone in a long time, but I think the fix in the latest kernel should fix your problem. But I need someone to test it.

CRII

Well, I was testing your last kernel (the one with LCD power off) on ZeamDroid and it works pretty well (screen artifacts aren't important). I got some wifi disconnections but it's dued to the suspend problem, as soon as I disabled the wakelock the wifi problems disappeared. I could not give you feedbacks about screen brightness because I disabled it via modifying the framework but I think I can manually turn it on again (I will try it later).

I going to do minor changes over the last ZeamDroid version to have this kernel working on it. I think it can help you to get more feedback about it, so today I'll release a new version of ZeamDroid with your new kernel.

I making some tests about the battery duration with and without suspend process. I will tell you something about later.

Many thanks for your work, you are the only one that can give light to our old xperia x1. Please, I beg you help to solve wifi problems to have wifi-tether working.

PD: I think that the hw key bugs that people mentioned over your rom are because of the default lockscreen and the animations. Disabling the animations is ok but not enough, you need to disable the lockscreen, also.
13th January 2013, 06:41 PM |#373  
Flag Trondheim
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro

Well, I was testing your last kernel (the one with LCD power off) on ZeamDroid and it works pretty well (screen artifacts aren't important). I got some wifi disconnections but it's dued to the suspend problem, as soon as I disabled the wakelock the wifi problems disappeared. I could not give you feedbacks about screen brightness because I disabled it via modifying the framework but I think I can manually turn it on again (I will try it later).

I going to do minor changes over the last ZeamDroid version to have this kernel working on it. I think it can help you to get more feedback about it, so today I'll release a new version of ZeamDroid with your new kernel.

I making some tests about the battery duration with and without suspend process. I will tell you something about later.

Many thanks for your work, you are the only one that can give light to our old xperia x1. Please, I beg you help to solve wifi problems to have wifi-tether working.

PD: I think that the hw key bugs that people mentioned over your rom are because of the default lockscreen and the animations. Disabling the animations is ok but not enough, you need to disable the lockscreen, also.

Hi

I haven't looked into wifi tethering at all. Maybe you could summarize what the problems are? and what steps you would expect to do to get wifi tethering and where it goes wrong.

If tethering needs ipv4 routing you at least have to load all the networking modules that are included in the boot.img files I have uploaded. (They are not included in the ota package)

I have a feeling you may have to turn off power saving in the wifi-card to get it working. That is something I have looked into before, but never figured out. It should be possible to do a ugly work-around to make it work anyway, but I hope to avoid that.
14th January 2013, 03:52 AM |#374  
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Any chance you could slim down the initrd.img with the LCD Panel patch? (9.6 MB -> 2.8 MB)
16th January 2013, 08:51 PM |#375  

More
Quote:

Hi

I haven't looked into wifi tethering at all. Maybe you could summarize what the problems are? and what steps you would expect to do to get wifi tethering and where it goes wrong.

If tethering needs ipv4 routing you at least have to load all the networking modules that are included in the boot.img files I have uploaded. (They are not included in the ota package)

I have a feeling you may have to turn off power saving in the wifi-card to get it working. That is something I have looked into before, but never figured out. It should be possible to do a ugly work-around to make it work anyway, but I hope to avoid that.

I lack experience, too. But I'm sure that part of the problems aren't in the kernel, I think that the problem is in iptables, wpa_suplicant and tiwlan.ini and maybe we need to boot a new wlan.ko module through init.d. Does the kernel support netfilter (CONFIG_NETFILTER, CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES and CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_MAC)?

Now, I'm overwhelmed because of my job and I can find time to modify the rom. Sorry.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)