FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FAQ] Common Issues and Solutions for SGT7.7, now with JB (12 May 2013+)

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By Theory, Senior Member on 9th February 2012, 02:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th February 2012, 01:30 PM |#11  
cairo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarytas

I can't offer a solution but would be keen to see if anyone can. I have the same problem. My 7.7 3G just won't connect to Kies. I'm running Vista, but will soon have a new PC with Win 7, so will try again then.
No probs with my SG2

Mine is running on kies with no problems. If useful I have win 7 and downloaded kies from Samsung website.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

17th February 2012, 04:40 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
no way.. i tried everything.. he recognize kies air.. but no kies.. win 7 and last samsung kies..
17th February 2012, 12:55 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,
Had the same issue. Fixed it by deinstallimg Kies, make regclean, install Kies from scratch.
Worked fine for me ;)
27th February 2012, 03:36 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
i did.. still same problem..
27th February 2012, 06:16 AM |#15  
Flag Singapore

More
For Q3, found a slightly easier way via the "update.zip" method over at this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1458021

It's under Tab 7 Plus forum but I've tried it and it works for Tab 7.7 as well.
27th February 2012, 08:56 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowem

For Q3, found a slightly easier way via the "update.zip" method over at this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1458021

It's under Tab 7 Plus forum but I've tried it and it works for Tab 7.7 as well.

This is good. The original poster noted that the method "won't work for a device that doesn't have CWM Recovery installed." What about your own 7.7: was it rooted and did you have CWM Recovery installed when you use the update.zip?
27th February 2012, 02:34 PM |#17  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory

This is good. The original poster noted that the method "won't work for a device that doesn't have CWM Recovery installed." What about your own 7.7: was it rooted and did you have CWM Recovery installed when you use the update.zip?

Yes, my Tab 7.7 is rooted, using the root.zip method discussed here. And yes also to the second, I installed the CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7 discussed here.
The Following User Says Thank You to lowem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lowem Ad-Free
29th February 2012, 08:43 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What is the LOST.DIR folder?

Can the folder itself or the files within them be removed?

Is there a safe way to remove the tablet from the connection a computer via USB?
1st March 2012, 01:10 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_buckman

What is the LOST.DIR folder?

Can the folder itself or the files within them be removed?

Is there a safe way to remove the tablet from the connection a computer via USB?

Not sure.

I've always just pulled my USB cable out. Doesn't seem to be any issue. I suppose it's more proper to effect it on the PC first.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Theory For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Theory Ad-Free
1st March 2012, 01:38 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Windows doesn't have an "eject" or "safely remove hardware" option for devices connected via MTP--at least, not one like it does for HDDs, flash drives, or other USB mass storage devices. As long as you're not using the connection it's fine to just unplug it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teiglin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teiglin Ad-Free
1st March 2012, 01:58 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Yep, I just doublechecked and there is no eject option. So I guess I wasn't being lazy all this while after all.

Checked around and it seems the LOST.dir contains file/fragments that were recovered during file system check at each startup. It should be ok to delete the files in the LOST.dir.
The Following User Says Thank You to Theory For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Theory Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)