FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[APP][2.1+] ICE Card 1.4.2 - Probably the best I.C.E. app!

371 posts
Thanks Meter: 208

By SDeba, Retired Recognized Developer on 9th February 2012, 07:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Description: ICE Card has a goal to be the best app for emergency situations in Android Market. It provides extremely simple interface, so even people without experience in Android could use it. Besides that, all functions are available within almost one touch of the screen. That's why ICE Card provides one of the fastest way to get useful informations about owner of the smartphone. This app is still developed, so just stay tuned for new options and functions.

I would appreciate if you, as a huge community, can suggest me some cool features or changes. Let's make the best In Case of Emergency app!

Looking for translators! Just CLICK HERE and read how to participate!

CHANGELOG
Quote:

....:::: Version 1.4.2 ::::....

- Added 14 new languages (Credits will be added later)
- Profile photo is now bigger
- Some translation context changes

....:::: Version 1.4.1 ::::....

- Fixed adding person from contacts issue

....:::: Version 1.4 ::::....

- Finally fixed translation errors
- Fixed Galaxy Nexus compatibility issue
- Few other improvements

....:::: Version 1.3 ::::....

- Better memory management
- Fixed minor translation issue

....:::: Version 1.2 ::::....

- Rebuilded UI from scratch
- Improved perfomance and behaviour
- Dropped support for Android 1.6
- Added possibility to set ICE Contact from phone contacts
- Added profile picture
- Added More Info screen
- Fixed Polish translation

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to SDeba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SDeba Ad-Free

12th February 2012, 09:56 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
New version available Some of you sent their suggestions via PM service on XDA. Please post them here. It is better to discuss them with a greater amount of people

Changelog - Version 1.3:

- Better memory management
- Fixed minor translation issue
12th February 2012, 10:20 PM |#3  
Flag Jaén
Thanks Meter: 32

More
What languages are avalaible?

Enviado desde mi HTC Tattoo con Tapatalk.
12th February 2012, 10:22 PM |#4  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Currently only two I know - English and Polish. I'm looking for people wanting to help me translate to other ones
12th February 2012, 10:46 PM |#5  
District 1
Thanks Meter: 1,955

More
I think that Address is also important information.

Sent with a cold beer in my hand
13th February 2012, 09:06 AM |#6  
Flag Jaén
Thanks Meter: 32

More
How can I heip to translate it into spanish?

Enviado desde mi HTC Tattoo con Tapatalk.
13th February 2012, 05:00 PM |#7  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
@rawdealer You're right. I'll try to include it in one of the next updates

@KingCreole Just e-mail me: sdeba.sek@gmail.com and I'll give you instructions
13th February 2012, 09:47 PM |#8  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
New version available, just some fixes. Next release will be with new features

Changelog - Version 1.4:

- Finally fixed translation errors
- Fixed Galaxy Nexus compatibility issue
- Few other improvements
13th February 2012, 10:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Interesting app so far, I especially like the photo part, because people often are misidentified based on what's in their wallet. I just noticed a few minor ways the app could be improved from a medical perspective. First, it's dangerous to default to "None" for allergies, as there's little way to tell if someone doesn't have any or didn't enter any (and an ER doc is prone to copy that "None" into the medical record, and other doctors are unlikely to ask again). Also, for allergies, it's more useful to have a list containing the drug and what the reaction was. The difference between a side effect, adverse reaction, and allergy are difficult for people to understand, so the nature of the reaction tells medical people what really happened.

For example, if someone is having a heart attack and they list "Contrast dye allergy" then there are two very different possibilities. One is an anaphylactoid reaction where they go into shock and respiratory failure (true allergy). Another is renal failure (an adverse reaction due to known nephrotoxicity). The management of the two is quite different, and both have harm that can be somewhat mitigated if it's known beforehand.

Additionally, other useful information would be current medications (Name, Dose, Frequency, Route, and how long you've been on it), and the name/address of one's primary care doctor and others with medical records on you. Past surgical history (e.g. clean cath in 2010, appendectomy in 1990) also saves time. More identification and insurance information might also be useful, albeit irrelevant for emergency medical care (helps with getting records though).

All that said, in all likelihood, EMS or an ER doctor won't spend more than a minute or so skimming the information so everything has to be concise and obvious in how to use. Plus, most medical emergencies are managed the same way initially, so a lot of this information comes into play later, when most people are responsive (unless it's really bad, like head trauma after a car accident). Speaking of which, you may consider adding some vague living will type information for guidance, albeit something legally binding is beyond the scope of such an app.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to izomiac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift izomiac Ad-Free
14th February 2012, 12:22 AM |#10  
BlueSky
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Using the contact application on my Galaxy Note does not add contact in your apps. Maybe an intend bug ? have to remove your apps for now :/
14th February 2012, 11:49 AM |#11  
Flag Upstate South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 307

More
Can't add contact from people app. But good job overall.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)