FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[zip] Empty Flashable Zip Template

977 posts
Thanks Meter: 326
 
By MrSmith317, Senior Member on 10th February 2012, 12:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Some people aren't sure how to create a flashable zip. So here is a template zip file.

Instructions add your APK files to the appropriate directory within the zip.
ie framework-res.apk would go in system/framework/
SystemUI.apk would go in system/app/
Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip would go in system/customize/resource/
*You may need to create directories within the zip*
Attached Files
File Type: zip Empty Flashable Zip.zip - [Click for QR Code] (151.8 KB, 6671 views)
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to MrSmith317 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrSmith317 Ad-Free
 
 
10th February 2012, 05:11 AM |#2  
yojoe600's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 496
 
Donate to Me
More
lol nice idea i have never thought about making one for people I forget people dont know how
10th February 2012, 07:13 AM |#3  
ljbaumer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
This could be very useful for people who are new to theming and from development and who are still learning how to sign zips.

Nice work and good idea.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App
10th February 2012, 01:03 PM |#4  
WasabiWa83's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Rays Bay, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,855
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbaumer

This could be very useful for people who are new to theming and from development and who are still learning how to sign zips.

Nice work and good idea.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

Agreed. This is pretty sweet and actually an idea I was going to ask someone for once (I had no idea how to do these).


And MrSmith, now I can try to get all the boot anims updated with flashables also so that everyone will have different options. Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to WasabiWa83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WasabiWa83 Ad-Free
10th February 2012, 07:13 PM |#5  
JeramyEggs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charleston Il
Thanks Meter: 423
 
More
Thanks for dropping this. Already have one, but this helps anyone trying to learn. You may have given the next big developer a good first tool. Congrats.....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
10th February 2012, 07:17 PM |#6  
AndroidGraphix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paradise Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 378
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks. I'll give this a go on cleanrom.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
11th February 2012, 02:22 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Powell
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Is this just the required directories for theming or does it include the ones required to make a flashable ROM?
11th February 2012, 08:16 AM |#8  
yojoe600's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 496
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneMA

Is this just the required directories for theming or does it include the ones required to make a flashable ROM?

this is just a flashible zip only you will need to add your files to the right folders to make it theme
The Following User Says Thank You to yojoe600 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yojoe600 Ad-Free
14th February 2012, 04:18 AM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
is there a list of the folders? for example what folders should i make to add ringtones to the ones that are already on my phone? how about notifications, wallpapers, etc.?
14th February 2012, 11:17 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 326
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bal1985

is there a list of the folders? for example what folders should i make to add ringtones to the ones that are already on my phone? how about notifications, wallpapers, etc.?

The three things you've listed are items that can be freely transferred via USB. This is more for theme elements and applications.

However to answer your question, stock ringtones and notifications are in /system/media/audio/ringtones and /system/media/audio/notifications . The stock wallpapers are stored in /system/customize/resource.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSmith317 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrSmith317 Ad-Free
22nd February 2012, 06:22 PM |#11  
Jmrwbilly's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 'Cuse NY!!
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith317

Some people aren't sure how to create a flashable zip. So here is a template zip file.

Instructions add your APK files to the appropriate directory within the zip.
ie framework-res.apk would go in system/framework/
SystemUI.apk would go in system/app/
Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip would go in system/customize/resource/
*You may need to create directories within the zip*

Good idea.. I have my own templates I use. Never thought to post.. kinda nervous that someone out there would brick their phone and blame me...been busy as hell past month, hopefully soon I'll get some time to port over some of my previous work over to the rezound, since now all the issues with compiling and decompiling have been figured out.. I got some catching up to do

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes