FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Will it ever be possible for Android to be as smooth IOS?

283 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Fasty12, Senior Member on 13th February 2012, 01:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Given the way android is built is it technically possible to make android buttery smooth like ios? I read that article about that google engineer saying that it will never be, but several people disputed his points.

13th February 2012, 01:17 AM |#2  
Flag Somewhere...
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasty12

Given the way android is built is it technically possible to make android buttery smooth like ios? I read that article about that google engineer saying that it will never be, but several people disputed his points.

From my experience, my gs2 is extremely smooth. If you want close to ios, you should try miui. They are the best roms for extreme smoothness.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
13th February 2012, 01:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,230

More
Sure

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mcord11758 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcord11758 Ad-Free
13th February 2012, 02:01 AM |#4  
Flag Ghent
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
Thing is, iOS is a Operating system created for only 2 devices. The developers working on it have one focus only, making the iPhone and iPad work great.

Android instead has the power but to run on thousands of devices from any brand, any size, any CPU and other specifications.

Now knowing this, ask the question again:
Quote: is it technically possible to make android buttery smooth like ios?
No, but god bless you it's fast for it's great power. iOS might be 0.5ms faster or w/e people have tested, but you won't have such amazing results close to the Android, ever!

People say iOS is better and faster, I say that there phone looks just like 5 million other people's phone. Mine doesn't!

'nuff said
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PVTD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PVTD Ad-Free
13th February 2012, 02:12 AM |#5  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 15

More
So the answer is no? Lolz

13th February 2012, 02:15 AM |#6  
Flag Alabama
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Actually one if the main things for apple is that the user interface is a real time priority where android is not. Android is a much better os.

Sent from my HD2 using xda premium
13th February 2012, 02:28 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm using an LG Optimus One. I'll take a little delay here and there in the GUI over buying an otherwise expensive and over-rated iPhone.
13th February 2012, 02:52 AM |#8  
Flag Alabama
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambu85

I'm using an LG Optimus One. I'll take a little delay here and there in the GUI over buying an otherwise expensive and over-rated iPhone.

Well its better. By not assigning a real time priority to the GUI it can load more efficiently

Sent from my HD2 using xda premium
13th February 2012, 02:54 AM |#9  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I find MIUI as smooth as IOS. It most likely will depend on your device though.
13th February 2012, 03:00 AM |#10  
Flag Vandling, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,139

More
You have to give a little to get a little. To allow true multi-tasking (not available on the Iphone) you need to distribute the RAM differently. I for one would like to be able to multi task than to see a minimal difference in my FPS...
13th February 2012, 08:58 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,504

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddle

From my experience, my gs2 is extremely smooth. If you want close to ios, you should try miui. They are the best roms for extreme smoothness.

I'd agree with that. MIUI is unbelievable!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)