Root Huawei U8652 Success!!!

Search This thread

sd_james

Feb 13, 2012
Several people have been asking for help to root the Huawei U8652 (i.e. AT&T GoPhone Fusion U8652). After a little work, I figured out how to get this to work.

All previous users were having problems utilizing known techniques to root other Huawei phones of similar design.

Seems that the good folks at AT&T used a little trick to block the fundamental layers by which the root kits were using to gain access. It appeared that the phone had disabled certain logging features that would allow one to root the phone.

Here is how to do it (keep in mind you are doing this at your own risk, I am not responsible for any problems that you may encounter):D:

1. You need to install the latest Android SDK (search google for latest version)

2. download unlockroot v2.3

3. Follow the instructions and make sure that you have set your Settings > Development > USB Debugging box checked. I also set Unknown sources checkbox on.

4. Type in the following code on the phone keypad

*#*# 2846579 #*#*

This will open up the Service Mode
Go to Project Menu > Background Settings > Log Settings
Turn on Log Switch and set Log Level Settings to Verbose

go back one screen

Go to Dump and Log and place a check in all log settings.

Reboot the phone

Once rebooted use UnlockRoot and root you phone.

Confirm success by using a Terminal app from the marketplace (free) and when you open a terminal type su at the $ prompt. It will ask if you want to install SuperUser, accept. The terminal prompt should now read # instead of $ which means you are a root user.

Good Luck!

KSHOE

Feb 18, 2012
No device detected

Followed your guide but when i got to unlock root it would say that no device was detected but i had enabled usb debugging and the log files.

HUAWEIu8652

Feb 16, 2012
OKC
K SHOE did you install sdk manager that happened to me but i downloaded sdk manager and the plugins and it worked the second time

palalan

Feb 20, 2012
Nope doesn't work on mine either. But I have Android 2.3.5 so I am sure that's the issue.

HUAWEIu8652

Feb 16, 2012
OKC
K SHOE i downloaded the sdk manager that said android sdk r16 windows.zip opened sdk then installed a bunch of things or if you want i can unroot mine and make a tutorial for u and post it on utube

palalan

Feb 20, 2012
I like that idea !

HUAWEIu8652
I have tried and tried but when I read the compatibility version 2.3.5 is not listed.
Thanks

Update: Got it to work with superOneClick. :D

Last edited:

charliedrums

Feb 2, 2009
Ok so I downloaded SDK manager , put the cell on debugging mode also did the *#*# 2846579 #*#* step but when I connect my phone to de pc it doesn’t come up on superoneclick or ultra lock . Is there any particular package that I must download from SDK manager? Or am I missing any step in the proses? I have Android 2.3.5

charliedrums

Feb 2, 2009
Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682
It will tell you all you need to know. Make sure not AV software is running and that you are running it as admin on windows. I know it's scary but it's what's required to make it work. Good luck.

Thank you very much man. I watched the video on the button and did exactly as it says. Once I connected the phone, in the general tab I pressed the Root button and it worked its magic. It works on 2.3.5, I used SuperOneClick2.3.3

Reactions: palalan

kbow1

Apr 21, 2012
Michigan
Worked for me!

This process worked for me. UnlockRoot did not recognize my device on the first try, but after restarting my computer it went off without a hitch. Followed up the rooting with bloatware removal, now this phone is a true value. Thanks!

UPDATE: I purchased another one of these phones for my mother to introduce her to the world of smartphones. I rooted it using this method and it went pretty well. UnlockRoot did not recognize the device on the first try, but eventually picked it up and took care of business. I'm a noob to rooting and the android OS, so I figured I would pass along the easy method I went with to remove the AT&T bloatware. I downloaded link2sd (which is free) and after gaining superuser permissions, I used the "convert to user app" function on the bloatware. I then was able to move those apps to the SD card and then uninstall them. This might not be as efficient a process as using root explorer to delete the files, but for a noob it was much safer. I was able to free up over 70 MB of internal memory which finally allowed me to install more apps to the SD card.

Last edited:
Reactions: palalan

Cybercreeper

Jul 6, 2012
How do you reboot the phone?

I have a question:
How do reboot a huawei U8652 phone?
:confused:
I need to know in order to continue...

kofijay

Jun 2, 2007
Tema
Several people have been asking for help to root the Huawei U8652 (i.e. AT&T GoPhone Fusion U8652). After a little work, I figured out how to get this to work.

All previous users were having problems utilizing known techniques to root other Huawei phones of similar design.

Seems that the good folks at AT&T used a little trick to block the fundamental layers by which the root kits were using to gain access. It appeared that the phone had disabled certain logging features that would allow one to root the phone.

Here is how to do it (keep in mind you are doing this at your own risk, I am not responsible for any problems that you may encounter):D:

1. You need to install the latest Android SDK (search google for latest version)

3. Follow the instructions and make sure that you have set your Settings > Development > USB Debugging box checked. I also set Unknown sources checkbox on.

*#*# 2846579 #*#*

go back one screen

Reboot the phone

Confirm success by using a Terminal app from the marketplace (free) and when you open a terminal type su at the $ prompt. It will ask if you want to install SuperUser, accept. The terminal prompt should now read # instead of $ which means you are a root user.

Good Luck!

Nice work!
I want to know though, if there is a way to unlock the AT&T Huawei U8652 without paying any code from any unlocking site?
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*#*# 2846579 #*#*

go back one screen

Reboot the phone

Good Luck!
    Worked like a charm on my daughters phone! I used superoneclick 2.3.3.
    It will tell you all you need to know. Make sure not AV software is running and that you are running it as admin on windows. I know it's scary but it's what's required to make it work. Good luck.

Thank you very much man. I watched the video on the button and did exactly as it says. Once I connected the phone, in the general tab I pressed the Root button and it worked its magic. It works on 2.3.5, I used SuperOneClick2.3.3
    Worked for me!

This process worked for me. UnlockRoot did not recognize my device on the first try, but after restarting my computer it went off without a hitch. Followed up the rooting with bloatware removal, now this phone is a true value. Thanks!

UPDATE: I purchased another one of these phones for my mother to introduce her to the world of smartphones. I rooted it using this method and it went pretty well. UnlockRoot did not recognize the device on the first try, but eventually picked it up and took care of business. I'm a noob to rooting and the android OS, so I figured I would pass along the easy method I went with to remove the AT&T bloatware. I downloaded link2sd (which is free) and after gaining superuser permissions, I used the "convert to user app" function on the bloatware. I then was able to move those apps to the SD card and then uninstall them. This might not be as efficient a process as using root explorer to delete the files, but for a noob it was much safer. I was able to free up over 70 MB of internal memory which finally allowed me to install more apps to the SD card.