Secret screenshot tool on non root phone?

Search This thread

Blueyed1

Aug 14, 2007
Discovered this by accident.
By coincidence I came to press the power on/off button quickly followed by pressing Home button and the phone took a screenshot of my screen.

It is a non rooted phone HTC Desire S, software version 2.10.401.8 with Sence 3.0, Andriod 2.3.5 ... thought I'd share it with you.

Do not know if it's a new thing, but I did not know that you could take screenshots without root?

/Blueyed1

eyahl

Jan 11, 2012
berlin
Discovered this by accident.
By coincidence I came to press the power on/off button quickly followed by pressing Home button and the phone took a screenshot of my screen.

It is a non rooted phone HTC Desire S, software version 2.10.401.8 with Sence 3.0, Andriod 2.3.5 ... thought I'd share it with you.

Do not know if it's a new thing, but I did not know that you could take screenshots without root?

/Blueyed1
dude, it's a stock function

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

bronx

Oct 18, 2006
:facepalm... oh wait, double facepalm:

Sigh...

No, I'm afraid we all already know it. It is worst kept secret around this parts I guess... :rolleyes:

Have a good day anyway.

eyahl

Jan 11, 2012
berlin
Amazing secret leaked: the power button turns on your phone If you press it long!!!

Yes, but it's still a secret

/Blueyed1

Don't take all this mocking to heart buddy... we're all just pulling your leg. I know you feel that this us a super secret that you discovered all by yourself... but this function is stock on HTC sense since version 3.0..... Sometimes its better to just accept such foot-in-mouth situations graciously rather than make unsuccessful attempts at justifying your inaccurate statement. We're all human and allowed to make mistakes...

Cheers.

Beamed from the Dark Side using xda premium.