FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][ Teclast P76Ti ] Unofficial Android 4.0.3 Firmware with Market and Google Apps

1,061 posts
Thanks Meter: 879

Post Reply Email Thread
Made a custom built firmware for Teclast P76TI. It is based on the latest LY-F1 and teclast ICS firmwares, and also has market built in (and working). The top buttons are also remapped to volume up and volume down instead of being menu and back (which are present at the bottom of the screen anyway)

The downloads also contain the LiveSuite from Ainol, as that also works on Windows 7 x64

There are two builds, one for tablets with a Goodix touch screen controller (revisions 1-3). Chose this if the other teclast ICS firmwares WORK on your device, as they are only support this touch screen controller:

http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/a10/Tecl....3_GAPPS_r2.7z

The other is for tablets which have an F5TX touch screen controller (rev4, built after 15 dec 2011). Choose this if you have recently bought the tablet and you find that other teclast ICS firmwares do NOT work on your tablet (as they lack support for this touch screen driver):

http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/a10/Tecl....3_GAPPS_r2.7z

Main changes are:
1. Only the base AOSP apps, the File Manager and Video Player is included
2. But you have both Market and most Google Apps (Google Plus and Car Home is missing)
3. Menu and Back top buttons are remapped to Volume Up/Volume Down
4. It also works on newer Teclast tablets, with f5tx touchscreen controllers
5. Added a simple app called AllwinnerMod, to easily change the build.prop on the fly

The AllwinnerMod app can be used to change the tablet's build.prop to "SGS2" for games that think your tablet is not compatible with them (and change back if you want to). You can also remap the physical buttons with it, so for example you can change how the back and home buttons work with it. You can also switch with it to "phone" mode, by changing the dpi settings if you don't like the tablet mode of ICS. All this on-the-fly without using adb.

Changelog:
r1: initial build
r2: fixed su and build.prop. Added AllwinnerMod application

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2012-02-17-021450.jpg
Views:	26533
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	905312   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2012-02-17-021508.jpg
Views:	26527
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	905314   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2012-02-17-021533.jpg
Views:	26459
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	905315   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2012-02-17-021610.jpg
Views:	26465
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	905316  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sztupy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sztupy Ad-Free

18th February 2012, 05:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 582

More
Arrow P76Ti
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tags.php?tag=p76ti

for threads related to tablet model TECLAST P76Ti

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/teclast-p76ti
Attached Files
File Type: 7z ROM flashing guide teclast P76Ti.7z - [Click for QR Code] (252.7 KB, 1093 views)
20th February 2012, 10:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I'm interested in the allwinner app. Is this something you could offer separately?

TIA
20th February 2012, 12:42 PM |#5  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by relikwie

Hi, I'm interested in the allwinner app. Is this something you could offer separately?

TIA

It can be downloaded from here http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/a10/AllwinnerMod.apk

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
23rd February 2012, 05:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Smile
Hi sztupy, thanks for the mod rom to p76ti. I install the ics-r3to my tablet, so far works great, i really like the remape feature, but the bottom can't be hided automaticlly, it takes some space not friendly, also i found the menu key doesn't shows in some apps, i have to remape the menu key out. I hope if these can be fixed, the ICS will perform perfect.
23rd February 2012, 07:28 PM |#7  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 14

More
How did you edit RFSFAT16_SYSTEM? Simg2img works fine with the Novo7 Advanced firmware, but it doesn't with the Ployer and Teclast ICS images.
23rd February 2012, 09:18 PM |#8  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FezzFest

How did you edit RFSFAT16_SYSTEM? Simg2img works fine with the Novo7 Advanced firmware, but it doesn't with the Ployer and Teclast ICS images.

Strange, as I definitely used simg2img to extract the teclast system partition (the Android 4.0.3 release, haven't tried with the 4.0.1 ones). (I had to use a different make_ext4fs avialable from a Samsung Galaxy S II topic though, as the android one didn't set the premissions in the /bin directory)

Which unpack and which simg2img did you use? Was the download fine? (not corrupted)
23rd February 2012, 09:27 PM |#9  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 14

More
This is the version of simg2img (and mkuserimg) I currently use. I've created a custom ROM for my Bmorn V11, based on the Novo7 Advanced official 4.0.3 with the 3.0.8 kernel from the Ployer Momo9C and it works fine apart from some brightness issues.
24th February 2012, 02:29 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Teclast A10t
hi
i just bought the teclast A10t, their new 9.7 inch tablet, official ICS is beta and have some problem with brightness adjustment and few other bugs. can i use ur rom for that Tablet ?
its based on Allwinner A10 processor!
thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to hadron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hadron Ad-Free
28th February 2012, 03:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FezzFest

This is the version of simg2img (and mkuserimg) I currently use. I've created a custom ROM for my Bmorn V11, based on the Novo7 Advanced official 4.0.3 with the 3.0.8 kernel from the Ployer Momo9C and it works fine apart from some brightness issues.

also have a Bmorn V11, could you please let me know what is the procedure to upgrade the rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
p76ti, teclast

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)