FORUMS

[GUIDE] How to port MIUI v4 to your Device

1,836 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,737
 
Post Reply Email Thread
15th June 2012, 11:13 AM |#731  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tomsk
Thanks Meter: 2,475
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

solved one error but new one show up

Code:
I/dalvikvm(  352): Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class Landroid/webkit/WebViewCore; v=0x40a2fb18
W/dalvikvm(  352): Exception thrown (Ljava/lang/VerifyError;) while throwing internal exception (Ljava/lang/VerifyError;)
E/dalvikvm(  352): Class lookup Landroid/webkit/WebViewCore; attempted with exception pending
W/dalvikvm(  352): Pending exception is:
I/dalvikvm(  352): java.lang.VerifyError: android/webkit/WebViewCore
you haven't solved it.. still webviewcore fault. Have you replaced whole tree or just add methods?
15th June 2012, 12:49 PM |#732  
patou75's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lens_flare

it's a OT..
some advice:
-grab english base and replace system/app , system/framework/framework-miui-res.apk from language you choose [french I assume?]
-diff rom you got, maybe it have another framework tweaks
-replace some files like gps.conf,telocation.db, yellowpage.db at system/etc , they could contain useful tweaks for your region.

Ok thanks ! I will try. But if I replace framework and other stuff from my miui rom (official but translated), can I have ics spell checker and magnify glass ? Cause in official miui rom for i9100 we haven't that. Rom is based on samsung rom

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk
15th June 2012, 01:38 PM |#733  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tomsk
Thanks Meter: 2,475
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

if I replace framework and other stuff from my miui rom (official but translated), can I have ics spell checker and magnify glass ?

if it is implemented by rom translator ;]
15th June 2012, 01:43 PM |#734  
nasty007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kutina
Thanks Meter: 1,186
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lens_flare

Code:
I/dalvikvm(  352): Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class Landroid/webkit/WebViewCore; v=0x40a2fb18
W/dalvikvm(  352): Exception thrown (Ljava/lang/VerifyError;) while throwing internal exception (Ljava/lang/VerifyError;)
E/dalvikvm(  352): Class lookup Landroid/webkit/WebViewCore; attempted with exception pending
W/dalvikvm(  352): Pending exception is:
I/dalvikvm(  352): java.lang.VerifyError: android/webkit/WebViewCore
you haven't solved it.. still webviewcore fault. Have you replaced whole tree or just add methods?

i have add missing methods
16th June 2012, 10:46 AM |#735  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tomsk
Thanks Meter: 2,475
 
Donate to Me
More
As I missed one release..
My new experience on 2.6.15 and latest cm9 source:
first of all, again new method:
Code:
E/dalvikvm(  219): ERROR: couldn't find native method
E/dalvikvm(  219): Requested: Lcom/android/server/PowerManagerService;.nativeStartSurfaceFlingerOffAnimation:(I)V
E/JNIHelp (  219):
I'm not risky enough to replace whole PowerManagerService, so I have only added requested method - nativeStartSurfaceFlingerOffAnimation. Just one moment I should point:
same method is already on miui source, but named nativeStartSurfaceFlingerAnimation. So just add "Off" to it and that is it. Another moment: there should be also nativeStartSurfaceFlingerOnAnimation, it should be near 2nd inclusion of "Off" one(you will see a big code addition in any diff tool).

Second and more common and annoying - webkit:
Code:
E/dalvikvm(  576): ERROR: couldn't find native method
E/dalvikvm(  576): Requested: Landroid/webkit/WebViewCore;.nativeGetTextureGeneratorThreadID:()I
E/JNIHelp (  576): RegisterNatives failed for 'android/webkit/WebViewCore', aborting
At first release I faced that (2.6.1) I have just replaced WebViewCore*.smali tree. then realised browser and all apps are using webview just crashing. So now I found all smalis by keyword "WebView" and replaced'em all. Now I have no problem with browser
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lens_flare For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lens_flare Ad-Free
17th June 2012, 05:16 AM |#736  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
goog job
17th June 2012, 10:16 AM |#737  
kong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 962
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_kano

Are you using 2.6.8 now? Framework-miui-res now has 0x6 values instead of 0x3. You need to:

Add lines - 3, - 4 and - 5 to the usual 1 and 2 in apktool.yml
Install 2,3,4 and 5.apk as frameworks (they are on patchrom github somewhere)
Then recompile framework-miui-res and it will boot

Edit: for those wondering, I came up with the original "install com.HTC.resources.apk" work around and shared with ALL other miui translators, so I know what I'm talking about.and how/why it works

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------



https://github.com/MiCode/patchrom_build/tree/ics/res

The apks which need to be installed as frameworks 2-5 are here.

Just want to properly say THANKS to you. This has been a problem for me during the past two weeks
18th June 2012, 04:54 PM |#738  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tomsk
Thanks Meter: 2,475
 
Donate to Me
More
2wfs team:
what device are you using as miui base? seems resourcenotfound exception problem is about that
htc devices are obviously using htc framework part, that are linking to base ones at compilation process, so you are getting these errors..
please proove my thoughts -__-

for example, resac(you know him right? ) is porting from SE LT-18i! which is damnely different from his xperia x10 mini pro.. that's why my suggestion is as above.
18th June 2012, 06:34 PM |#739  
Senior Member
Flag Banglore
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lens_flare

2wfs team:
what device are you using as miui base? seems resourcenotfound exception problem is about that
htc devices are obviously using htc framework part, that are linking to base ones at compilation process, so you are getting these errors..
please proove my thoughts -__-

for example, resac(you know him right? ) is porting from SE LT-18i! which is damnely different from his xperia x10 mini pro.. that's why my suggestion is as above.


Exactly.. its completely diff...
19th June 2012, 01:05 PM |#740  
medicjunKie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 271
 
More
I don't have data (internet connection) any ideas?
This is in GB

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
19th June 2012, 01:30 PM |#741  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tomsk
Thanks Meter: 2,475
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't have data (internet connection) any ideas?
This is in GB

We are talking about miui v4 there..

as you asked, try a custom RIL class like lgeqcomm(LGEQualcommRIL.smali+phonefactory.smali patch).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
miui, port

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes