Originally Posted by Smoover
- (Boot with SD card not working, have yet to check the reformatting approach)
- GPS not working
- WLAN signal strength indicator in the status bar always shows only 1 bar
- WLAN disconnects because of unknown reasons/circumstances. Does not reconnect. Turning WLAN on/off results in reconnect
- USB mass storage connectivity not working. Device recognized by PC ("bong"), but no entry in explorer
- Camera focus not working
I have not yet had the chance to test GSM/voice/3G/HSPA/WLAN tethering because my SIM is in another device. Will get back to that in the next days.....
1. Boot with SD is working if you follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=24590744&postcount=337
(Credits to Elibl)
2. GPS is working if you use the new coolrunnerII kernel (add it with ADB and the next fastboot command: "fastboot flash boot boot.img") and "gps.kovsky.so" of the coolrunnerII rom (placed in /system/lib/hw/, you can do that with "Root Explorer" but keep the same permissions and owner data that the file "gps.goldfish.so").
3. The wifi strength indicator is not working but you can enhance the signal if you replace the wpa-supplicant (placed in /system/bin/) for the one in coolrunnerII rom. (You can do that with "Root Explorer", take note of the permissions and owner of the original file and set them in the new one).
4. USB mass storage is working properly on WinXP and Ubuntu 12.04.
5. The camera is set to hyperfocal distance therefore you can't do photos in the very short distance (less than 1.6m).
6. The GSM/UMTS works better if you remove from the "build.prop" file the next command line: ro.telephony.default_network=1
7. There are no way to do wifi tethering (because we don't have a proper wlan.ko and nat modules) but you can perfectly do USB tethering via EasyTether app.
8. You can reduce the battery consume with "SetCPU" app with two profile on it, one for screen on (537max. 128min. ondemand deadline) and the other for screen off (128max. 128min. ondemand deadline). But first install a launcher like Zeam Launcher (XDA project) and remove the CyanogenMod apps included in the /system/app/ and the Holo Launcher included in /system/data/app/. With that you will lose all the CM features but you will have better battery control.