FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stuck at "Data.img" thru odin. Possible EMMC brick fix! Thanks to Jaymoon pg.#44

3,632 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,167

By caspersfi, Senior Member on 19th February 2012, 03:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So here's the deal. I just couldn't help myself and I flashed shabbys ICS test build this morning. Well the more I started reading in the thread about guys having issues restoring there backups I tried it. Flashed the cwm touch recovery....did a full wipe and then went to restore my nand of Blend. Booted up and gets stuck at the Samsung boot screen. I let it sit there for about 10 minutes. Then from there I pressed volume up and power to see if i could get back into cwm. I was able to and had rogue recovery. I then went to do a full wipe again. The data wipe took about 2 minutes....which was strange...then wiped cache and dalvik. Then went to flash Blend(not the nand backup) and again stuck at the samsung boot screen.

So I then went into odin mode and attempted to odin back to stock using the D710USEL29_20120105.stock from qb777's you tube vid. All went good....got the pass and once again stuck at the Samsung boot screen. Then from there I went back into odin download mode and attempted to odin the stock rooted file(not the file to keep your data file) and it got stuck at "Data.img" in odin.

So now I sit with the battery out of my phone and have no idea what I can try from here. I think I remember reading that as long as you can get into odin download mode there should be a fix. As alot of you can probably tell from reading this I am new to odin. I should have never flashed this test build if I was not a hundred percent sure that I could get back and also should have been WAY more familiar with odin before flashing.

I'm off to hit the sack....have a fat headache from this screw up of mine. I'll be up at 6am to check in here. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it......and whatever suggestions you may offer please take into account that I just learned about odin last week, so maybe a "odin for dummies" could help me out the most.

A little freaked out about this and really hope someone knows a way they can help.

THANKS in advance

[EDIT] Looks like we may have a fix. Refer to Page numbers 44,45. Thanks to Jaymoon and everyone else involved.

19th February 2012, 04:19 AM |#2  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 972

More
nevermind 10 char
19th February 2012, 04:28 AM |#3  
Flag Jax and The DMV
Thanks Meter: 916

Donate to Me
More
try this homie...

odin this recovery.... http://goo-inside.me/kernels/TeamRog...0-odin.tar.md5

it finally allowed me to wide data which i couldnt do all this time...

im just gonna stick with this for now and try a few things
19th February 2012, 05:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7,242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspersfi

So I then went into odin mode and attempted to odin back to stock using the D710USEL29_20120105.stock from qb777's you tube vid. All went good....got the pass and once again stuck at the Samsung boot screen. Then from there I went back into odin download mode and attempted to odin the stock rooted file(not the file to keep your data file) and it got stuck at "Data.img" in odin.

It is possible somehow your partitions got messed up.

If you look at section A2 of the EL29 ODIN One-Click, you will find the regular ODIN tar.md5

You can use that with regular ODIN. The file you download is a self-extractor so you need to double-click and select where to unpack. That will give you a tar.md5 file. Use the *PDA* slot in ODIN to select that file. Double-check you used the *PDA* slot. Then the only option you should select in ODIN (that isn't already selected for you) is Re-Partition (so you should have Re-Partition and Auto-Reboot checked)
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
19th February 2012, 07:34 AM |#5  
Flag Jax and The DMV

Donate to Me
More
so sfhub,

after doing the wipe in the stock recovery.... i did a reboot system

THe "samsung Galaxy sII" screen just flashes on and off every couple of minutes.
19th February 2012, 07:37 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoc04

so sfhub,

after doing the wipe in the stock recovery.... i did a reboot system

THe "samsung Galaxy sII" screen just flashes on and off every couple of minutes.

So this is different that what it was doing before? Perhaps you are making progress.

Try ODIN flashing just the rooted ROM (section #B4)

Sorry it is taking so long. I'm kind of using you to debug the actual issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
19th February 2012, 07:46 AM |#7  
Flag Jax and The DMV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

So this is different that what it was doing before? Perhaps you are making progress.

Try ODIN flashing just the rooted ROM (section #B4)

Sorry it is taking so long. I'm kind of using you to debug the actual issue.

no problem... your help is appreciated... gimme a minute download #B4 and ODIN... ill post results

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

I dont see a B4... maybe im looking in the wrong thread... u mind linking me?

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

NEVERMIND>.. i was using the wrong link.. i found it

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

do you want me to select anything in odin? or just the auto reboot?
19th February 2012, 07:47 AM |#8  

More
It is a self-extractor so remember to double-click on it to extract the tar.md5 before using in ODIN.

Just auto-reboot is fine.

You've already flashed the kernel and reformated /data. The only thing needed to boot that might not be correct is the ROM, so hopefully this works.
19th February 2012, 07:49 AM |#9  
Flag Jax and The DMV

Donate to Me
More
alright... ill let you know in a few minutes what happens
19th February 2012, 07:53 AM |#10  

More
It will probably take a little bit of time. The ROM is the largest image.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
19th February 2012, 07:59 AM |#11  
Flag Jax and The DMV

Donate to Me
More
^ yea...

its going now... currently in FACTORYFS...

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

it says PAss..... not sure where it did data though....

factoryfs
NAND Write Start
RQT CLose
RES OK
REmoved
Completed
All threads completed (succeed 1/ failed 0)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, odin

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)