FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

aluminum metal battery cover

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By idanoclo, Member on 22nd February 2012, 04:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ordered this in the begining of the month and just got it in the mail.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=08871838512

This is for the international version of the gnote.

Speaker, s pen, camera and led cut outs are identical.

Bottom tabs are in perfect positions

Top and the sides the tabs were a little wide and a bit off on position. with a exacto knife i was able to trim excess off the tabs so it lined up to snap in. Some of the tabs ended up a lot smaller than the stock size but still had that click sound when i put it on. Once it was on it was pretty secure and snug. Compared to the stock cover. its a bit easier to take off and had a good feel to it. its also thicker and kinda have a less slippery feel.
I am pretty satisfied with the product build. It was nicely crafted. Only issue is the red looks more pink to me than red and it was made for the international version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idanoclo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idanoclo Ad-Free

22nd February 2012, 06:39 AM |#2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hows the signal compare to the stock? Aluminum and other metals can block radio waves. It is a real problem, not sure how you could avoid it with that cover.
22nd February 2012, 02:07 PM |#3  
Flag kaufman tx.
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Thanks im gonna do the same I ordered 2 doors. the carbon and a white leather one.. Thanks for the run down i fig it would be something simple to make these work.
22nd February 2012, 05:04 PM |#4  
Flag jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 487

Donate to Me
More
IT'S NOT PINK BRO IT'S "CRIMSON" LOL nice work though man!
23rd February 2012, 04:06 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops_G

Hows the signal compare to the stock? Aluminum and other metals can block radio waves. It is a real problem, not sure how you could avoid it with that cover.

Ive havent noticed any diffrence personally with signal loss using this back cover and from what ive read on the international forum there were very minimal to none when using cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBison420

IT'S NOT PINK BRO IT'S "CRIMSON" LOL nice work though man!

Thanks yo, if u see it in person you would say its pink
23rd February 2012, 05:01 AM |#6  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 265

Donate to Me
More
I ordered the blue one... http://www.ebay.com/itm/320843336001
23rd February 2012, 05:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Is this as thin as the original back cover?
24th February 2012, 07:32 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukic

Is this as thin as the original back cover?

its thicker. i'd say original + half of original is the thickness. enough to sink the camera lens down a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to idanoclo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idanoclo Ad-Free
24th February 2012, 12:50 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Im hoping I can get all my battery covers to work like yours. Do you have before and after pics of the cuts you made? I got 4 international covers after they pretty much confirmed the size and shape were identical. I had no idea they would make the tabs different I have a really nice carbon fiber patterned one that feels like leather that I can't get to fit right. I just dont want to go and start cutting tabs and mess one up and it not fit properly
TIA
27th February 2012, 05:52 PM |#10  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I hope someone sells these for the AT&T Note. I ordered one of these and tried to cut it to fit but ended up with the cover not properly holding/latching on half of one side.
28th February 2012, 12:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Just wondering did you detach the nfc part of the original and put it on the red one?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)