Hya guys, after A LOT of requests, I decided to share with the community something that I found really REALLY useful for Dev's but also for other users too that want to mess up with compiling and decompiling process. Usually, non problems at all with that, but since ICS come out, many dev\users are not able to decompile\compile properly many ics apk (not all). This guide will ensure you a good result, 100% working, easy, and fastest way to mess up with ics for theming and resizing purposes, or whatever you want
BIG THX to my friend and Dev teammate @Bichon for this
@Bichon (yes, again)
@Xavierjohn22, the amazing author of AutoApktool! Visit his thread HERE, click his thanks button, and support his work with donations, and my personal thanks to author for this tool which is the most powerful and easiest tool ever.
@Brut_all for Apktool
Please consider to visit the original thread about this tool, because what I'm explaining here is just 1\10 of the real skill of this tool. You can do basically whatever you want with AutoApktool, themers will love it, Dev's will appreciate it a lot, I'm sure.
Why can't we use Apktool???
Well, you can, but it's more difficult, that's it.
Why do you say "must use 1.4.1 apktool version"??
The reason why is that since 1.4.2 version, apktool generate java code while recompiling process is going on, and this lead to errors that 9/10 makes decompile process fail.
Requirements (Windows environment, mine is Seven 64 bit)
Java (last version)
JDK (last version)
JDR (last version, usually included in JDK or Java)
SDK (last 3.0 version for ICS source code)
Auto_Apktool 2.0.0 (DOWNLOAD THIS ONE NOT OTHERS!!!)
HOW-TO (NOTE: before start, select Apktool version with option 21, YOU MUST CHOOSE 1.4.1 version!!)
1) Download and simply unpack Auto_ApkTool 2.0.0
2)Click on "autoapktoolmain.bat", prompt will open
3)put the apk you want to mess up with in "_INPUT_APK"
4) you can chose more than one option to decompile (option 6 is strongly recommended)
5) when option 6 is being selected, drag the apk from _INPUT_APK folder into the windows prompt and click enter
6) A Note window will appear, and will show IF the decompiling process has been done properly. Once you close that window, you will see the decompiled folder in _INPUT_APK folder
7) do your edits (xml, snali, or png, doesn't matter)
8) recompile with option 7 (NOTE: this time you MUST drag all the FOLDER, NOT the apk)
9) Once recompiling finished, open the decompiled folder, go to "dist" folder, and here you got your edited apk
10) you MUST sign the apk with option 10 (NOTE: drag the apk from dist folder to the prompt, then press enter, and in the SAME folder, a signedxxx.apk will appear)
11) Rename the apk, and push it |NOTE: you can push the apk with 62 option or with sdk typing:
adb remount adb push xxx.apk system/app adb reboot