Welcome to Virtuous Prime. This is a pretty much stock build of Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with tweaks and optimization's by the Virtuous Team.
Virtuous Prime is the result of a collaborative team effort by the following developers:
S-Series ROM's are pretty close to stock, with basic optimisations and tweaks. This series is designed for people who rely on their device 24/7 and are not looking for the latest and greatest features. These ROM's will only be updated if and when an official release is announced.
We also encourage people to use these stable builds as bases for their own ROM's.
More information can be found on our Blog.
- Virtuous S Series
- Based on the lastest ASUS release (WW 126.96.36.199)
- Fully zipaligned
- Stock kernel
- Optimized for fluid performance and usability.
- Included 1.6Ghz OC (more on that below)
The changelog can be found here.
- AndroidRoot.mobi for the CWM port
- Asus for their great device
- pats4life for giving my life purpose
- mtotho for keeping me busy
I changed the behaivior of the internal Power Modes.
The Normal mode button now activates the 1.6Ghz mode.
So you don't have to use any other apps anymore. Just boost your CPU via the built in Quicksettings.
Tutorial on how to recover your bricked Prime (maybe)
Here's a list what gets installed with the different types:
- Everything else
- Make sure your Prime is unlocked and you have CWM installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
- Shut down the prime
- Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
- Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
- The device now boots into your CWM recovery
- Make a backup of your current ROM
- Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (optional but highly recommended)
- Then flash the rom zip as usual
Make sure you do a full wipe (aka "wipe data/factory reset" in CWM) before flashing this!!!
Please note that the ROM needs to settle down after the flash so give it at least 10 minutes after booting to reach the normal speed and smoothness!!!