FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for unlocked 2011 Xperia smartphones

1,517 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,200

By doomed151, Senior Member on 23rd February 2012, 04:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Source: Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for unlocked 2011 Xperia™ smartphone models
Official thread by Kalle: [ROM] Official Sony Xperia ICS Beta ROM for arc S, ray, neo V

As a follow-up to the previous alpha, Sony has released the official beta of the upcoming ICS update for 2011 Xperia models. Unfortunately, this beta is currently only available for Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray and they must be already running the latest firmware (4.0.2.A.0.42).

What's new?
  • Updated UI – We hope you will be happy to see that we have added a number of UI elements from ICS, as well as some new UI features already introduced in the Xperia™ S we announced in January.
  • Lockscreen and Face Unlock – We have added a shortcut to the camera directly from the lockscreen. Also, when you’re listening to music you can control the music player without unlocking the phone by using the music control icons on the lockscreen. In the coming final ICS upgrade, we will also include the face unlock app from Google for all phones that has a front-facing camera. The Face Unlock feature uses the front-facing camera in combination with advanced object recognition algorithms to provide a new way to unlock the phone. However, since Face Unlock is a Google Mobile Services (GMS) app, it is not included in this ICS beta ROM.
  • Connectivity turned on – Since we published the ICS alpha ROM, the GSM modem and FM radio have passed the certification and type approval, and they are therefore turned on in this ICS beta release.
  • Updated email client – The UI has been updated, and simplified email management has been added.
  • Quick dial – We have added a quick and easy way for you to make phone calls. See how it works in the ICS beta ROM demo video.
Please note that the Google Mobile Services (GMS) apps (for example Gmail, Google Maps and Face Unlock), Bluetooth™ and Wi-Fi™ are not included in the beta release due to that they are still waiting for the certification and type approval to be finalised.

Let's hope someone who is skilled out there to make it available for arc users. Also, I thought we were going to get the UXP NXT interface, but it seems like we don't.

What do you guys think?
The Following User Says Thank You to doomed151 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doomed151 Ad-Free

23rd February 2012, 04:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Is this ROM maybe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJbDl...layer_embedded

EDIT:Sorry, I didn't see this video in the link below
23rd February 2012, 04:52 PM |#3  
CLASSIFIED
Thanks Meter: 1,898

Donate to Me
More
Woohoo ..! Can't wait to test
23rd February 2012, 04:53 PM |#4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I wish i had the technical knowhow to port it to Arc =/
23rd February 2012, 05:06 PM |#5  
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 3,900

Donate to Me
More
Making now

don't forget you can talk to us any time on gtalk and as always xbox live
23rd February 2012, 05:09 PM |#6  
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 913

More
Wow, we're getting almost all of the Xperia S features with the ICS update too!
23rd February 2012, 05:10 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Assuming it will work on stock kernel - can it be installed and a CWM backup made???

I have already restored my ARC S backup to an ARC without any issue (BOTH Locked bootloaders)

Just a thought

----Edit----

Just to be clear - Could someone with an UNlocked bootloader install the rom and then make a CWM backup of which can be restored in another phone (Locked bootloader)?

I am guessing the UNlocked bootloader is needed to get the rom installed because its not signed.
23rd February 2012, 06:00 PM |#8  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can we flash this on original Xperia Arc? I am asking this because I know that roms for Arc are compatible with Arc S. I also know that Arc has different partition table, but maybe since I have a modded rom it has changed.

23rd February 2012, 06:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 639

More
Someone uses it on an Arc, so yes

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App
23rd February 2012, 07:21 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 368

More
Sony logo bootscreen! Awesome!

E: Quick Dial, great function!
23rd February 2012, 10:34 PM |#11  
Flag Orangeville
Thanks Meter: 160

More
2 features that I love on my N8 are decline with SMS and quick dial...

Now coming to ICS on my ARC!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)