Official thread by Kalle: [ROM] Official Sony Xperia ICS Beta ROM for arc S, ray, neo V
As a follow-up to the previous alpha, Sony has released the official beta of the upcoming ICS update for 2011 Xperia models. Unfortunately, this beta is currently only available for Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray and they must be already running the latest firmware (4.0.2.A.0.42).
- Updated UI – We hope you will be happy to see that we have added a number of UI elements from ICS, as well as some new UI features already introduced in the Xperia™ S we announced in January.
- Lockscreen and Face Unlock – We have added a shortcut to the camera directly from the lockscreen. Also, when you’re listening to music you can control the music player without unlocking the phone by using the music control icons on the lockscreen. In the coming final ICS upgrade, we will also include the face unlock app from Google for all phones that has a front-facing camera. The Face Unlock feature uses the front-facing camera in combination with advanced object recognition algorithms to provide a new way to unlock the phone. However, since Face Unlock is a Google Mobile Services (GMS) app, it is not included in this ICS beta ROM.
- Connectivity turned on – Since we published the ICS alpha ROM, the GSM modem and FM radio have passed the certification and type approval, and they are therefore turned on in this ICS beta release.
- Updated email client – The UI has been updated, and simplified email management has been added.
- Quick dial – We have added a quick and easy way for you to make phone calls. See how it works in the ICS beta ROM demo video.
Let's hope someone who is skilled out there to make it available for arc users. Also, I thought we were going to get the UXP NXT interface, but it seems like we don't.
What do you guys think?