• expeacer
  • NobodyAtall
  • jahlovePL
  • me2151
Testers!
  • mjs2011
  • Shade808
  • Curiousnoob
The devs of our forums, for keeping the Optimus V alive and well!
  • JerryScript
  • LeslieAnn
  • assadullah
  • mrg666

Downloads will be in 2nd post, Screenshots in 3rd.

Have fun with the download!

Donations aren't expected, but are accepted. If you want to Donate to me, here you go. It would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=VFPFUAMNJK4K6

But, if you don't want to donate, the next best thing is hitting that thanks and like button. Just to show your appreciation

What doesn't work
  • MMS
  • Camera
  • Themes (Testing Now)
  • I'm sure you guys will find the others

Workarounds/Fixes
  • The LED lights never turn off, so go to Settings>Display>uncheck LED Notifications
  • Sometimes the screen goes into a sleep of death (doesn't wake up), so either battery pull or keep hitting the buttons until it turns on
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to rukin5197 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rukin5197 Ad-Free

25th February 2012, 06:01 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 814

Donate to Me
More
Download: http://gannon5197.blogspot.com/2012/...v4-beta-1.html
NO NEED FOR GAPPS

Changelog
Code:
Beta 1- Fixed Phone FC, data issues, testing Virgin Mobile in statusbar and themes working
Alpha1-Initial Release
Install Instructions:
Boot into recovery
Wipe Data, Cache, DalvikI
Format Boot, System, Cache
Flash MIUIv4-Alpha1-OV.zip
(optional)Flash Drew's ICS kernel
Reboot
Set up the device

NOTE: The first boot takes FOREVER! So does the Flash! So please don't think it's a bad file.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rukin5197 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rukin5197 Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 06:01 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
ScreenShots!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rukin5197 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rukin5197 Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 08:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Wow, just installed it with that kernal. Super fast and it looks SOOOOO good. THANKS!

But, for some reason I cant get 3g or Wifi to turn on...
25th February 2012, 09:02 AM |#5  
Flag Palmerston North
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Guy's I'm pretty sure this port is the exact same as the p500's... good luck getting it going............
25th February 2012, 09:07 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
It might be. I installed it and mostly works but no wifi/3g at all.
25th February 2012, 12:56 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill00

It might be. I installed it and mostly works but no wifi/3g at all.

Wifi/3g works. You must've had a bad flash. No one else is experiencing this problem, sorry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rukin5197 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rukin5197 Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 04:24 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I couldn't get data, 3g or wifi when using iScream kernel. Reflashed rom over it and both worked again

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App
25th February 2012, 04:45 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Odd. You guys are the first experiencing this..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rukin5197 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rukin5197 Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 06:09 PM |#10  
Flag Orlando fl
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I will flash this and see about the wifi 3g I flashed the quatrimus and it worked finme . Are you going to be doing regular dev and releases on this? cannot wait to get a camera and mms working.

UPDATE : flashed this several times with and without the iscream.... With iscream no wifi or 3g at all even toggling airplane mode and data on and off. Without iscream i still get no 3g after multiple flashes. Flashed several times wiping everything several times each ... No go on the 3g. Wifi does work however.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymfreak7855

Guy's I'm pretty sure this port is the exact same as the p500's... good luck getting it going............

Actually that p500 rom is already ported to the ov by tdm and a score of other devs on another site! Gannon thanks a million for taking this on. More devs = more progress. I am not a dev or i would be onboard!

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

No oc option?
25th February 2012, 08:37 PM |#11  
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I just flashed the ROM + Kernel and confirm that unless you flash the ROM AFTER flashing the kernel, WiFi refuses to turn on(I don't have 3G in my area so I cannot confirm that)

Flashed the ROM after the Kernel and it worked fine (: seems like a very nice ROM so far, just wish camera worked ):
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)