FORUMS

[THEME] IceFisha theme for Sense 3.5 (Runnymede AiO // Runny ROM // RSK)

2,331 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,307

By fisha21, Senior Member on 27th February 2012, 12:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I know a lot of people are moving over to the beta ICS ROMs, but for those who are sticking with GB/Sense 3.5 ROMs for now, thought I would share my custom theme. Been using it myself since seb's original AiO ROMs, so hopefully there shouldn't be any major bugs by now

Since I now have two versions, I thought I would share them here in a separate thread, rather than the individual ROM threads. Makes it easier for me troubleshoot (and update, if I find something else to change!).

Each is based on files taken from the respective ROM, in order to keep any framework mods the ROM author may have applied (I know that seb definitely made some changes to his framework-res.apk to address battery issues). Whilst they may be cross-compatible, I suggest sticking to the version for your ROM...but you knew that anyway, right For the same reason, I cannot guarantee any compatibility with any other Sense 3.5 ROM but if anyone does try it, feedback would be welcome!

AS ALWAYS, NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING....AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Quote:

Runnymede AiO version
- compatible with AiO Special Edition v5.0.4 upwards
- for CM7r2 HBOOT only (though stock users could extract the files and install manually)
- not tested it with the new 6.1 beta, so if anyone tests it please let me know how you get on

IceFisha v1 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Quote:

Runny ROM version
- compatible with v5.x upwards
- includes swipe-to-remove notifications - thanks to shub for getting it working!
- v2.1 has been tested by shub

IceFisha v2.1 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Quote:

RSK Team Sense 3.5 ROM
- based on framework taken from RSK v6.0 (confirmed to work on RSK v7.x, thanks to Hopie)
- new v2 now includes swipe-to-remove notifications mod

IceFisha v2 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Quote:

WHAT DO YOU GET

v2.x

• Includes the "swipe to remove notifications" mod

v1.x
  • Themed framework-res/SystemUI/com.htc.resources - blue/black theme throughout
    • Battery icons/charging icons
    • Other system icons
    • Shutdown menu etc
    • Signal strength indicators
    • ICS styling for non-ICS apps (see Titanium Backup screenshot)
    • More things I forgot - seek and you shall find!
  • Blue Browser
  • Themed calendar (see screenshot)
  • Themed Gmail (blue/black)
  • Themed Dialer (see screenshot)
  • Themed HTC Music app (see screenshot)
  • Themed HTC Mail app
  • Themed Settings page (see screenshot)
  • Themed YouTube

NEW

Cooked up a modded version of the standard HTC keyboard using Jonasl's HTC_IME online skin kitchen, thought I'd share it. Just download and install as an normal .apk. Screenshot added below. DOWNLOAD HERE

Quote:

CREDITS

he_sthe one - for the ICS styling and some of the icons etc, and the themed .apks
alexdiaz and esko2k - for their original Froyo themes, again a valuable source of images

sebastiaan15 } for their hard work in giving us these awesome Sense 3.5 ROMs
RSK team } and extending my Desire's lifespan by several months!

shubhamchamaria - for succeeding where I failed and getting the swipe-to-remove notifications working!

Quote:

SCREENSHOTS

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to fisha21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fisha21 Ad-Free
27th February 2012, 12:49 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Just in case...
28th February 2012, 09:00 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I like this!
The Following User Says Thank You to manlo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manlo Ad-Free
1st March 2012, 04:23 PM |#4  
Flag Köln
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Hi

these Theme looks really great.

Can you maybe make some Themes compatible with Desire Runnymede AIO 6.0.4.1 Stock Hboot?

or tell me how to do?
2nd March 2012, 02:23 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyBesitzer

Hi

these Theme looks really great.

Can you maybe make some Themes compatible with Desire Runnymede AIO 6.0.4.1 Stock Hboot?

or tell me how to do?

I never used the stock hboot version. If you can find out the file path for the app folder and framework folder, I could try and come up with something. It will probably be buried somewhere in seb's thread. Or you can transfer the .apks across manually using adb - again I'm sure instructions were already mentioned in the thread at some point. Time for you to do some digging...
3rd March 2012, 06:16 PM |#6  
Flag Västerås
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Looks really great! I definetely try this one out

Keep the nice work up!
7th March 2012, 05:54 PM |#7  
Flag Kaunas
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Very nice theme, but saying "compatible with AiO Special Edition v5.0.4 upwards" is not correct. Causes bootloops on AIO 6.0.4.3.
7th March 2012, 07:01 PM |#8  
Flag Kungälv
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunas

Very nice theme, but saying "compatible with AiO Special Edition v5.0.4 upwards" is not correct. Causes bootloops on AIO 6.0.4.3.

Strange, it works perfect on my 6.0.4.3 with cm7r2/ad2sdx...

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Souldrinker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Souldrinker Ad-Free
7th March 2012, 10:41 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunas

Thanks for the feedback. V6.0.4.3 wasn't out when I posted this, but v5.x and v6.x both use the same ROM base, so the framework files are unchanged between the two versions. Just to check, you are using this with the CM7r2 HBOOT version of the ROM, right?

Anyone else having problems with the new AiO ROM?
8th March 2012, 02:27 AM |#10  
Account Currently Disabled
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i got 2 questions about this theme:

1) will this theme work on RCMix 3D Runnymede ROM?

2) will it work on the htc inspire?
8th March 2012, 08:37 AM |#11  
Flag Kaunas
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha21

Thanks for the feedback. V6.0.4.3 wasn't out when I posted this, but v5.x and v6.x both use the same ROM base, so the framework files are unchanged between the two versions. Just to check, you are using this with the CM7r2 HBOOT version of the ROM, right?

Yes, I'm trying to use it with CM7/r2. Tried everything. Copied separate files to appropriate locations with no luck. Will try today later to put it on completely new ROM installation.

EDIT: BTW, after some investigation found that IceHD theme has no framework.jar file and it boots normally, but causes lots of FC everywhere (probably because of old base). Anyway, I had no luck installing your theme without framework.jar...

EDIT2: Fully wiped, installed AIO 6.0.4.3, installed your theme without reboot and now have bootloop. FYI, this is LOG file
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)