We met up at school and I got to take a look at it. Yes, it was indeed running like crap and it even randomly rebooted while we were eating breakfast. He told me the random reboots were happening every 3-5 hours(that he could notice).
Here's what I did to fix it.
- Removed his MicroSD card(not sure if necessary)
- Shut down TF.
- Hold [volume down] and [power] button together until you get into reset mode with 2 icons in the center of screen. Left icon is Wipe Data. Right icon is Cold boot. Right icon is selected by default.
- Press [volume down] to highlight the LEFT ICON, which is Wipe Data.
- Press [volume up] to confirm your selection
- Go through the process.
- Let your TF reboot.
- Shut down TF again.
- Hold [volume down] and [power] button together until you get into reset mode with 2 icons in the center of screen.
- You need to do cold boot. It's already selected by default so just wait like 10 seconds and it will happen automatically. Press [volume up] if you don't want to wait.
- Go through the process. Your TF will reboot afterwards.
It has been over 24 hours and his TF has been running smooth without any glitches or any random reboot. I told him to let me know immediately if a random reboot happens again.
This is simple to do. Worth trying unless you can't read English.
Edit: I didn't include this at first because I thought it would be common sense for everyone but it apparently isn't....
DO NOT JUST RESTORE ALL YOUR PREVIOUS APPS AND WIDGETS YOU HAD FROM HONEYCOMB. THAT DEFEATS THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF DOING A RESET AND PREVENTING APP INCOMPATIBILITY.