FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

aashrey99RAZR, the Noob friendly guide to the RAZR XT910!

455 posts
Thanks Meter: 169

Post Reply Email Thread
So we all know that XDA isn't the most noob friendly forum in the world

XDA as the site description says on the homepage is a site for developers by developers, so its quite natural that noobs will feel out of place here. The RAZR forums in particular are not at all organized. With all the ROM, OTA, ICS leak, fastboot and mod threads floating around its just too much trouble for an average user to figure out even the simplest of tasks. So, I decided to do something about it.

I present to you my blog, aashrey99RAZR. It's my attempt at consolidating all that is relevant to the RAZR on XDA. It went public on 1st March, 2012 and its been steadily growing since then. I've got about 12k+ views till now(I have no clue if that's good or bad) and the response from people has mostly been positive.

Currently my blog covers the following topics
  • Reviews
    Razr Vs. Other popular devices
    Rooting
    CWM recovery guide
    Roms - Original and custom with instructions
    Mods - only the ones which i think are of actual importance with instructions
    Battery Optimization guide
    Disaster Recovery Section
    Overclocking/Underclocking guide
    [NEW] Must have apps
    [NEW] Must have games
    [NEW] Matt's RAZR Utility

To be added with eta
  • FAQs(need help with compilation)
    Tips and tricks for non-root users(Need help on this one)
    CDMA ROMs for GSM through GSM patch(once the testing is completed in the thread in the dev forums, these ROMs will be added accordingly)
    Video Tutorials(June-July)

Current Theme: Nuntius

I'm trying to present everything in an easy and understandable format(hopefully ).

So please do stop by and have a look @ aashrey99RAZR

OR

Add us to your favorite news reader i.e. Pulse, or Google reader, or any other RSS reader by searching aashrey99razr.wordpress.com!
Get your RAZR fix while you're on the go!

OR

Visit our pages

aashrey99RAZR on Facebook
aashrey99RAZR on Twitter
aashrey99RAZR on Google+ (I haven't put up anything on G+ yet)

Lemme know what you think via PM/this thread/email- aashrey9sharma@gmail.com.

This is a new project so help is always welcome! Shoot me a PM if someone is interested!

Thanks guys! Cheers!

Please do tell me if I did not credit someone properly. Stealing your work was never my intention and I apologize if someone was not credited.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aashrey99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aashrey99 Ad-Free

1st March 2012, 02:46 PM |#2  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 90

Donate to Me
More
it's interessting, but...

maybe just don't use foreign word to explain another foreign word
(like 'flashing a rom' in the rom description part)

you know what i mean?
just bring some more professionality but without talk like a pro

PS: need some help?
1st March 2012, 02:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Actually, as a noob to the razr, I'd like to see a tutorial/"step-by-step" on Matt's utility and why/how its going to make my life easier/great.

Also, some "common problems" with resolutions would be nice as well. Such as "I installed the moto drivers on my computer but when I plug it into USB its not found" type of stuff maybe? Yah know, a FAQ of sorts that you find in other boards on this site but not for the razr for some reason....
1st March 2012, 03:06 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4itan

it's interessting, but...

maybe just don't use foreign word to explain another foreign word
(like 'flashing a rom' in the rom description part)

you know what i mean?
just bring some more professionality but without talk like a pro

PS: need some help?

help would be most appreciated! I barely get time to write. and I've got exams coming up soon!

and about the flashing word, should i just write install instead? sorry, not really good at the professional stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare

Actually, as a noob to the razr, I'd like to see a tutorial/"step-by-step" on Matt's utility and why/how its going to make my life easier/great.

Also, some "common problems" with resolutions would be nice as well. Such as "I installed the moto drivers on my computer but when I plug it into USB its not found" type of stuff maybe? Yah know, a FAQ of sorts that you find in other boards on this site but not for the razr for some reason....

im working on that sorta stuff, haven't really had time to browse the forums for the common issues yet. I'm just covering the major parts right now. the FAQs are definitely on my list and so are the common problems.
1st March 2012, 04:47 PM |#5  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Nice gonna pass this on to another post in this forum. Might help them.
1st March 2012, 06:20 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueis300

Nice gonna pass this on to another post in this forum. Might help them.

Thanks bro!

Lemme know if there's something lacking, I'll try and add it.
3rd March 2012, 06:26 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad

More
Planning on adding a mods section soon.

Meanwhile, any suggestions? FAQs and common issues will come up soon.
3rd March 2012, 04:56 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad

More
Modding section up,
Added un-rooting guide!

Have a look @ Aashrey99RAZR
3rd March 2012, 05:17 PM |#9  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Torino
Thanks Meter: 3,856

Donate to Me
More
Yeah, a blog where I don't see any real AUTHOR of the RAZR modules/mods etc.
Also, it is a simple copy and paste of the posts that you can find both here and into the EternityProject Development Forums.

Pointless.
4th March 2012, 08:04 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kholk

Yeah, a blog where I don't see any real AUTHOR of the RAZR modules/mods etc.
Also, it is a simple copy and paste of the posts that you can find both here and into the EternityProject Development Forums.

Pointless.

Well I'm sorry to say that not everyone find XDA to be the most easy to use site. I'm just trying to filter the relevant stuff and put it in one place.
As for the copy and paste, I won't sit down and type that much of text simply when its all present there, though I am gonna try to make it more understandable in certain places later.
Also I have credited everyone for their hard work and I'm grateful to the dev community and you for working so hard on the RAZR and bringing us such cool mods and ICS roms.
And as far as authors are concerned, I don't see a reason why anyone would consider writing for a new random blog that just popped in some part of the world.
So please if you wanna help, constructive criticism would be great!
6th March 2012, 02:42 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad

More
Redesigned the blog. Now in RED and BLACK to better suit the RAZR's looks!

PS: Video tutorials section coming soon! Noobs and starters, you've got a jackpot!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)