http://mobile.buy.com/ibuy/Product.aspx?sku=227247770

1 chargers
2 3500 mA batteries GTMAX battiers
Some extra's

$23.00

Just ordered mine.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

REVIEW:

OK, so I have had this bundle for a while and have done a lot of test on different ROMS and different usage. Here's what my personal experience showed me:

Before full testing I charged each battery and ran till phone shut off on joker's CM9. After battery would was charged I left on charger for another 6 hours. I did this 4 times for each battery.

Common across the board:
1) Battery never became hot
2) Broke one battery door doing battery pulls between ROM installs (bottom seems very flimsy and snapped off. Good thing it comes with 2 battery doors.
3)Battery indicator does not read battery level correctly on any ROM or kernel.
4) I used battery calibration app from market to do calibrate battery ever ever full charge. Same app on each test.
5) Once batteries where full cycled and ready for testing I never used stock battery.

STOCK ROM FINDINGS:
So I returned my photon to completely stock and rooted. No matter what I did when the battery level hit 0% the phone would shut off. I know the battery was not dead and my best estimate is there was over 50% of battery life left but because the battery level was not reading properly the system was seeing it as stock battery and thought it was dead. On average I would get between 6-8 hours of battery life before it would shut off. This was with moderate use.

Also sometimes my battery would go from 100% and drop immediately to 5% after mild use. Don't know why but it started doing this towards the end of the test.

So my findings on stock ROM you won't see much difference in battery life over stock. So if you are only going to run stock I would not recommend to buy this bundle.

JOKER'S CM9 BUILD:
Next I unlocked my bootloader again and installed Joker's CM9 build. Let me just say WOW. With moderate to heavy use I was getting between 32-40 hours of battery life. The battery indicator would hit 0% and didn't shut done till battery died. On average after 12-18 hours I would hit 0% and would remain there till the 32-40 hour mark. This was done with Joker's kernel that comes installed with CM9. I started test on 3.3 and ended test on 4.0.

If you are rooted and unlocked I would highly recommend buying this bundle as you will see and increase in battery life.

MIUI CM9:
So after testing on Joker's CM9 I decided to give MIUI a try. Bettary life was ok. On average I got 12-24 hours of battery life on MIUI with moderate to heavy use. Still better then stock but not as impressive as Joker's CM9. Same thing as Joker's CM9 with battery hitting 0% and remaining there till battery died. Most of the time I hit 0% around the 8 hour mark and remained there till the 12-24 hour mark.

RECAP:

Remeber I did multiple battery calibrations on battery after it was full charged and after every ROM flash. I used only the kernels that the ROMS come with. On stock I don't recommend buying this bundle but if you are rooted and unlocked I recommend buying as you will she an increase in battery life. Your battery will not read properly on any ROM. If this review helps you please don't forget the thanks button. Happy Mopohing everyone.

Last edited:

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado
Review
I have this battery bundle for about 4 months. Been doing some extensive testing on it since then. I am a heavy user and I like everything on the max settings. Max brightness to leaving Wifi, bluetooth, and streaming music for over 8 hours a day.

Before I tried testing it, I had charged it on the included charger for over 8 hours. Each battery. I ran it down until the phone shut off and then swapped out the batteries using the included charger to charge them. I did a Full Cycle Charge about 5 times before I decided to power house them.

Natural Things
  1. Battery became hot when phone became hot.
  2. Battery door is very cheap and is broken. Glad it comes with 2 of them
  3. No matter what ROM and Battery Mod I ran or flashed, the battery indicator displayed 1% for several hours.
  4. No Battery calibration apps worked at all.
  5. I only used the stock in my car for emergency backup when the batteries did die.

Usage
I get about 8 - 12 hours of heavy heavy usage. When I'm not at work or school, (my day's off), I am on my phone all day. I connect to WiFi and brightness is maxed. I stream music the entire time I drive. I use my navigation at least for 30 minutes a day. I am connected to Bluetooth with maximum sound coming from the phone and moderate on the headphones.

I get about 12 - 24 hours of moderate usage. When I'm at school or work, I am on my phone every so often without messing with any settings. I connect to WiFi and brightness is maxed. I stream music the entire time I drive. I use my navigation at least for 30 minutes a day. I am connected to Bluetooth with maximum sound coming from the phone and moderate on the headphones.

Suggestions
I recommend this battery package if you want to use your phone and not be too worried about it dying ever. I swap the batteries out when they die and I haven't seen any problems with it besides the battery indicator and the occasional heating of the phone and battery.

So that's my review on this battery pack. In short, buy it.

Last edited:

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado
So it comes with two of them as well? SWEET!

Posted with SwiftKeyX on my CM9 Motorola Photon!

Last edited:

epark1281

Sep 19, 2011
Which otter box?
I have the defender which is most likely too difficult to modify ... I'massuming this is a commuter
Sent from my MB855 using XDA

epark1281

Sep 19, 2011
You are brave sir, let us know how you managed to do so. I'd be willing to do the same thing

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

quick update

Charged first battery for 12 hours then placed in phone. 8 hours of heavy use then 24 he's light use till dead. Did show 1% during 24 he period. Have first battery charging (taking awhile since at 0%). Running second battery on medium use. First battery gave me 32hrs of use before charging.

Reactions: epark1281

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://mobile.buy.com/ibuy/Product.aspx?sku=227247770

1 chargers
    2 3500 mA batteries GTMAX battiers
    Some extra's

$23.00

Just ordered mine.

REVIEW:

OK, so I have had this bundle for a while and have done a lot of test on different ROMS and different usage. Here's what my personal experience showed me:

Before full testing I charged each battery and ran till phone shut off on joker's CM9. After battery would was charged I left on charger for another 6 hours. I did this 4 times for each battery.

Common across the board:
    1) Battery never became hot
    2) Broke one battery door doing battery pulls between ROM installs (bottom seems very flimsy and snapped off. Good thing it comes with 2 battery doors.
    3)Battery indicator does not read battery level correctly on any ROM or kernel.
    4) I used battery calibration app from market to do calibrate battery ever ever full charge. Same app on each test.
    5) Once batteries where full cycled and ready for testing I never used stock battery.

STOCK ROM FINDINGS:
    So I returned my photon to completely stock and rooted. No matter what I did when the battery level hit 0% the phone would shut off. I know the battery was not dead and my best estimate is there was over 50% of battery life left but because the battery level was not reading properly the system was seeing it as stock battery and thought it was dead. On average I would get between 6-8 hours of battery life before it would shut off. This was with moderate use.

Also sometimes my battery would go from 100% and drop immediately to 5% after mild use. Don't know why but it started doing this towards the end of the test.

So my findings on stock ROM you won't see much difference in battery life over stock. So if you are only going to run stock I would not recommend to buy this bundle.

JOKER'S CM9 BUILD:
    Next I unlocked my bootloader again and installed Joker's CM9 build. Let me just say WOW. With moderate to heavy use I was getting between 32-40 hours of battery life. The battery indicator would hit 0% and didn't shut done till battery died. On average after 12-18 hours I would hit 0% and would remain there till the 32-40 hour mark. This was done with Joker's kernel that comes installed with CM9. I started test on 3.3 and ended test on 4.0.

If you are rooted and unlocked I would highly recommend buying this bundle as you will see and increase in battery life.

MIUI CM9:
    So after testing on Joker's CM9 I decided to give MIUI a try. Bettary life was ok. On average I got 12-24 hours of battery life on MIUI with moderate to heavy use. Still better then stock but not as impressive as Joker's CM9. Same thing as Joker's CM9 with battery hitting 0% and remaining there till battery died. Most of the time I hit 0% around the 8 hour mark and remained there till the 12-24 hour mark.

RECAP:

Remeber I did multiple battery calibrations on battery after it was full charged and after every ROM flash. I used only the kernels that the ROMS come with. On stock I don't recommend buying this bundle but if you are rooted and unlocked I recommend buying as you will she an increase in battery life. Your battery will not read properly on any ROM. If this review helps you please don't forget the thanks button. Happy Mopohing everyone.
    I am running cm9 beta. Charged all night. Just placed battery in phone. Let's give it a go...lol

quick update

Charged first battery for 12 hours then placed in phone. 8 hours of heavy use then 24 he's light use till dead. Did show 1% during 24 he period. Have first battery charging (taking awhile since at 0%). Running second battery on medium use. First battery gave me 32hrs of use before charging.