FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Disable Carousel Animation for Sense 3.0

589 posts
Thanks Meter: 292

By ozkaya, Senior Member on 2nd March 2012, 04:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

This one took a bit too long to pull it off, but here it is.. As the title suggests it disables the Sense carousel animation (the quick rotation of all home screens) when you flick your finger quickly. Please don't confuse with disabling unlock carousel animation. It is for Sense 3.0 (Evo 3D of course) and S-OFF root users, I'm using it fine with latest Leedroid ROM. Flash the zip file and it should be all right. You should make a nandroid backup just in case. And please, hit the thanks button after
Attached Files
File Type: zip disable.carousel.animation.v1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.75 MB, 254 views)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ozkaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ozkaya Ad-Free

2nd March 2012, 04:57 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 16

More
What are the odds this works with 3.5?
2nd March 2012, 05:58 PM |#3  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 4,625

More
I hate this in Sense 3.0. It's neat, okay, but every time I wanna switch very fast between home screens, I end up having to wait 3-5 seconds until I get where I want... -.-

Is it 100% compatible with LeeDrOiD? I see the .zip contains the Rosie.apk, which is what LeeDrOiD Tweaks tinker with... but perhaps I'm wrong.

I'll try it later today, gotta charge & NANdroid first

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jep4444

What are the odds this works with 3.5?

Sense 3.5 has a new Rosie app, I believe, so... The odds are quite small :P
2nd March 2012, 07:26 PM |#4  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 474

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkaya

Hi everyone,

This one took a bit too long to pull it off, but here it is.. As the title suggests it disables the Sense carousel animation (the quick rotation of all home screens) when you flick your finger quickly. It is for Sense 3.0 (Evo 3D of course) and root users. Flash the zip file and it should be fine. You should make a nandroid backup just in case. And please, hit the thanks button after

what is the advance of doing it?
already possible to disable it for long time.
~ LeeDroiD Tweaks
The Following User Says Thank You to Flashmaniac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flashmaniac Ad-Free
2nd March 2012, 07:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
On HTC Evo 3D stock rom with sense 3.0 android 2.3.4, it boots up, but doesn't get past the rogers splash screen.. any tips?

It acts like its already booted because it goes to sleep and turns off the screen, and when I click the sleep button, it awakes but stays at the rogers splash while the capacitive lights light up

EDIT: If this helps at all I installed it via CWM 4.0.1.4 with revolutionary root and s-off
2nd March 2012, 07:48 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmaniac

what is the advance of doing it?
already possible to disable it for long time.
~ LeeDroiD Tweaks

That one you're talking about should be unlock animation, this is different
The Following User Says Thank You to ozkaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ozkaya Ad-Free
2nd March 2012, 07:52 PM |#7  

More
Now it actually boots, but it won't let me go to the home screen, only to applications that I've set on the lockscreen.

EDIT: Yea please be aware anyone wanting to flash this on stock sense 3.0, 2.3.4 android, it won't work.
2nd March 2012, 08:03 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by babeman123

Now it actually boots, but it won't let me go to the home screen, only to applications that I've set on the lockscreen.

EDIT: Yea please be aware anyone wanting to flash this on stock sense 3.0, 2.3.4 android, it won't work.

Thanks for the heads up, I've updated the OP that I tried with Leedroid ROM, it is possible that more than one version is necessary for different builds. Can you try deleting Rosie.odex from /system/app and restart?
The Following User Says Thank You to ozkaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ozkaya Ad-Free
2nd March 2012, 08:06 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkaya

Thanks for the heads up, I've updated the OP that I tried with Leedroid ROM, it is possible that more than one version is necessary for different builds. Can you try deleting Rosie.odex from /system/app and restart?

Yup I'll try that right now!

EDIT: How am I able to get access to the system directory? I looked through the directory after mounting the phone to my computer but then realised I'm just browsing my SD Card. I can't use an in phone file explorer because I can't access the market/home screen.
Thanks!
2nd March 2012, 08:31 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by babeman123

Yup I'll try that right now!

EDIT: How am I able to get access to the system directory? I looked through the directory after mounting the phone to my computer but then realised I'm just browsing my SD Card. I can't use an in phone file explorer because I can't access the market/home screen.
Thanks!

You need to connect to your phone through your PC with adb then.However, it might just be easier to restore your backup and delete with Root Explorer. Here is the adb route if you feel like trying:

adb shell mount -o remount,rw,codepage=utf8,vfat,xattr,check=no /dev/stl5 /system
adb shell
cd /system/app
rm Rosie.odex
exit
3rd March 2012, 10:10 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
can anyone with Stock ROM (rooted,S-Off,Sense 3.0) try this v2 beta and give me feedback?
Attached Files
File Type: zip disable.carousel.animation.v2.beta.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.75 MB, 29 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozkaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ozkaya Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carousel animation, carousel rotation, disable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)