Version 0.6.7 is up for download (no new root options)
Added general android tools:
Rebooting the device
Rebooting in to Recovery
Backing up your photos to your Mac
Fixing File permissions
Version 0.6.5 is available at the website.
- Updated the Recovery to TWRP 188.8.131.52 for the Kindle Fire
Version 0.6.4 changes
- Changed Kindle Fire recovery to TWRP.
- Updated Kindle Fire bootloader to FireFireFire 1.4a
- Added Kindle Fire recovery and bootloader updater for user who just want to update to the latest versions.
BreakDroid is a work in progress. My goal is to make a tool for Mac users that will root several different android phones and tablets as well as install the android sdk (adb).
It is very important to note that I only made the tools to automate these processes. All the developers of the root exploits and recoveries are listed below.
Current supported Devices-
Kindle Fire - Tested Version 6.2.2., 6.3 & 6.3.1
Galaxy Nexus - Seems to work. Tested with version 0.4.2+
Galaxy Note - Needs more testers - Will only work on some notes.
Droid Razr - Should also work on other Droid branded phones
All phones that can be rooted by GingerBreak
All phones that can be rooted by psneuter
All phones that can be rooted by zergRush - has been tested and works on many devices. vCheck the comments on the download page.
This app and all the scripts were made by @northmendo
jcase was great support for questions and he is the reason we have root on the Kindle Fire thanks to burritoroot.
-Doomlord on xda built the Kindle Fire recovery.
Dan Rosenberg for the motofail exploit - @djrbliss
Revolutionary Team for zergRush http://revolutionary.io/
I think credit for psneuter goes to scotty2
c-skills for GingerBreak
Pokey9000 for fbmode - used to root Kindle Fire 6.3
Bootloader Credits go to
- Pokey9000: For the original build. Hard to dev at all w/o a way of getting to recovery.
- eldarerathis: Menu code was used from the Extended FIREFIREFIRE github
- Icemank121: All splash/menu screens
- Hashcode: For this build
There is a list of devices that can be rooted by zergRush in the ReadMe
If this helped you please hit the thanks button