96 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By nesraz, Member on 3rd March 2012, 08:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does fm radio active

3rd March 2012, 05:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
The official specs page for the Droid 4 doesn't list FM radio but this old leaked image from a few months before the phone was released suggests that the hardware is there:

No idea how to enable it though. I tried installing the MotoFMRadio.apk but it force closes.
10th November 2012, 04:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
This does work with the proper app. I just installed Spirit FM Unlocked and it works. It's 10 bucks, but it's worth it, imo. There is also a light version that costs a little over $2 if I remember right. There's another app by the same name. What you want is one of the ones by Mike Reid. Root is required, btw.
10th November 2012, 10:40 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Do you have to have headphones plugged in to use as an antenna?
13th November 2012, 06:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Yes, it will not work without headphones in my experience. The app will start but will not find any stations.

Sent from my DROID4 using xda app-developers app
11th September 2017, 07:39 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Does to FM radio work only with ICS roms? Does newer builds (Marshmallow/Nougat) have support for FM radio?
12th September 2017, 12:44 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
It works for me on both CM11 and my own LineageOS 11 build using Spirit FM so it is definitely not limited only to ICS build or to stock based ROMs.
I haven't tested it out with newer Android versions, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mp107 Ad-Free
13th September 2017, 07:44 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp107

It works for me on both CM11 and my own LineageOS 11 build using Spirit FM so it is definitely not limited only to ICS build or to stock based ROMs.
I haven't tested it out with newer Android versions, though.

Thanks for that info! I have tried with Lineage OS 14.1 build with Spirit2 but I get ERROR: "Tuner API did not start or stop. This device may need a kernel with a working FM driver". Maybe newer builds doesn't have kernel support for FM radio anymore?
13th September 2017, 11:34 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have tried Spirit FM (aka Spirit1) only, not the Spirit2.
Beside that, the Spirit2 has fewer models supported (or at least had when I have read about it a year or two ago).
The Following User Says Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mp107 Ad-Free
14th September 2017, 06:34 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp107

I have tried Spirit FM (aka Spirit1) only, not the Spirit2.
Beside that, the Spirit2 has fewer models supported (or at least had when I have read about it a year or two ago).

I tried both of them but same error. I also tried MotoFMRadio but I wasn't able to install it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)