FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

silence mode turns my music player silent too

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

Thread Deleted Email Thread
i run the wm6.5 3vo series on my excalibur and anytime i put my phone in silence mode, my media players' sound also goes off, i cant even listen to music with my headphone in silence mode. please any help?
4th March 2012, 12:32 PM |#2  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 252

More
You are one of the few that is actually using profiles and still want the music to play. The solution was long hidden and nobody seemed to care about this annoyance. I had uncovered the solution and described it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1407883

Please tell if it also helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to tobbbie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tobbbie Ad-Free
10th March 2012, 04:14 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Accra

More
ok i created it nd i checked the box that says hex, buh its still not working... is there anything more i have to do? like some settings or anything? or should i uncheck the box?
10th March 2012, 05:24 PM |#4  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 252

More
I wrote:
Quote:

So the simple solution is to create a DWORD named "SysVolIgnoreSilent" under the path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume" and assign a value of "1" to it. Then you have your old behavior back!

So make sure the value is stored as a DWORD (integer) not as a hex (string). This will not work.

Which tool did you use to create the value?
The Following User Says Thank You to tobbbie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tobbbie Ad-Free
1st April 2012, 08:16 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Accra

More
oh sorry, it works, i was using the player's volume control instead of the side bar... thanks very much
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread