FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

USB jig without resistors

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By vikisonline, Junior Member on 5th March 2012, 03:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I could't find any resistors around (from Canada), and too inpatient for mail ordering them. Maybe others will be in the same shoe so I decided to post this

Basically I made a 300K ohm resistor out of paper and pencil markings. I used an HB pencil, in case it matters, but others should as well. In an other thread I saw someone saying that a 330K ohm resistor works too. So I did a little testing. Anywhere between 300K to 330K seems to work, but even one below 300, 299, does not work.

Basically take a piece of paper, fold it twice length wise. Unfold the last fold and shade it in as heavily as possible with pencil long the edge. Fold it back but don't run your finger where the graphite is or you will just wipe it off.

Now get two paper clips a wire and a plug. I imagine this could work without a plug too as some people have done. I tried but I had a hard time holding it steady enough for the 5 seconds. The rest of the methodology is in the video

Either solder the wires to the paper clip, or wedge them where the paper clip holds the paper. Slide the paper clips apart for more, close for less resistance.

Enjoy

(remove spaces)
http: // youtu.be / xu3SchQ6zvM
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vikisonline For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikisonline Ad-Free

8th March 2012, 05:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 531

More
haha. that is some ghetto macgyver **** right now
9th March 2012, 04:45 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,487

More
Very nice job on figuring out a way on your own to get it done. I applaud ur efforts.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4-2ndtwin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4-2ndtwin Ad-Free
9th November 2013, 07:56 AM |#4  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the video doesnt exist, youtube tells me!

please reupload the video
14th November 2017, 04:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
video link for jig
???video.???tudou.???com/v/XMjE4Mzc3NjA2NA==.???html???

just remove the ???

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Just search you tube again I just uploaded it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)