[STOCK ROM] Full Recovery For Samsung Galaxy Player/S Wifi 4.0

4,365 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,331

By zaclimon, Recognized Contributor on 5th March 2012, 05:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
A lot of people have been asking for it. Here it is: All the samsung galaxy player/s wifi 4.0 full recovery if your player is bricked. It includes Stock (and rooted) roms and kernels WITH bootloaders (Intl Only). These can be useful if for exemple you are from a rom which use a different partition (eg Klin's Klassic R5 or CM9/CM10.) Instructions will be in the 2ND POST!!!

Definition: (screenshots are here if you don't know the differences)

INTL = THEY HAVE A HARDWARE (PHYSICAL) HOME BUTTON (except for korea because they have an antenna)

US = THEY HAVE A CAPACITIVE HOME BUTTON

THESE FILES CONTAINS BOOTLOADERS AND CAN BE HARMFUL FOR YOUR DEVICE. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING ASK FOR HELP OR DON'T CONTINUE.

G1ZKC5

Full Recovery for YP-G1CW 2.2.1 (INTL) Hong Kong (It includes English UK and US, Chinese, Korean.) It should work with all the INTL version.

Link: G1ZKC5 Download
Heimdall Firmware Package Download

G1XXKPQ

Full Recovery for YP-G1CW 2.3.6 (INTL) France (It includes English UK and US. However if you want another locale for your language for exemple French CA, download morelocale 2 from market.) It should work with every INTL version
(This rom is rooted)

Link: G1XXKPQ Download

G1UEKI8

Full Recovery for YP-G1CWY/XAA 2.3.5 (US) United States (I don't think I need to say the languages) It should work with every US versions of the 4.0.(TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTE THAT PEOPLE WITH HARD BRICK DEVICES CAN'T POSSIBILY RECOVER FROM THIS.)

Link: G1UEKI8 Restore Pack Download
Odin Flashable Download

Misc

Blank Efs Image needed for EFS Re-partition:
Efs Image Download

Dummy Efs for those who have lost it
Dummy Efs Download

Pit Files
Here's the .pit files They are needed for the re-partition (If you have some texts appearing, right-click the link to download):

Intl Pit: Intl Pit Download

US Pit: US Pit Download

Korean Pit: Korean Pit Download
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zaclimon Ad-Free
5th March 2012, 05:49 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Instructions (how to flash)

Before asking questions and sending multiples PM on how to flash READ THIS CLOSELY

Download mode:

If you want to enter download mode (which is needed for odin) youtube is your friend

1. You will need to flash with ODIN (If your using Heimdall you know what you have to do, if not follow the ODIN instructions.)

Odin Download: Odin v1.85 Download

1.1: If you need the .pit file download it from here (download the .pit according to your device)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1389873

1.2: If your device is bricked but you can still access to download mode go to 1.3 if not, download the AdamOutler's Resurrector with the instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369799

Flashing Time

1.3: If your device is bricked and you can go to download mode:

1.3.1: Download one of the roms (according to your device)

1.3.2: Open odin, take the .pit file and put the rom .tar.md5 in the PDA SECTION

1.3.3: Before flashing, ensure re-partition is checked.

1.3.4: Flash, when the flash is finished your device should reboot.

1.3.5: When you device reboots, you will be in recovery with red errors which are saying mostly of the time: Can't mount... To erase these errors, WIPE DATA.

1.3.6 Reboot and enjoy your restored device!

Instructions for US Only (Does work with Intl too.)

Note: the odin flashable tar is here so you can use the odin method too.

1. Download heimdall from here: http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/
2. If you have Linux you can go to step 5. If you have windows follow step 3-4
3. This is a first time installation only. Extract heimdall, go to your drivers folders and run zadig.exe Install anything samsung related. (do this when in home menu and in download mode. If you're not in home menu install them while in download mode.)
4. If you recieve errors concerning the drivers install them anyway. (THIS IS NORMAL.)
5. Open heimdall-frontend.exe or in terminal heimdall-frontend.
6. Go at the flash tab and chose the .pit according to your device.
7.1. After add the following partitions in the following order (with their files forget boot.bin and sbl.bin Thanks to klin1344 for this remark.):

PARAM: param.lfs
CACHE: cache.rfs
DBDATA: dbdata.rfs
FACTORYFS: factoryfs.rfs
KERNEL: zImage

7.2. In the case of Intl devices it would be:

IBL+PBL: boot.bin
SBL: sbl.bin
PARAM: param.lfs
CACHE: cache.rfs
DBDATA: dbdata.rfs
FACTORYFS: factoryfs.rfs
KERNEL: zImage.

8. When that is done double-check (just to be sure you're not obligated) ensure that re-partition is CHECKED!
9. Flash!
10. You should errors concerning can't mount cache (or something like that) Just wipe data is necessary.
11. You should have a like new device.

Instructions for Heimdall Package

If you're using an heimdall flashing package, all you need to do is to choose your .tar.gz file and check re-partition in the flash section, and flash.

Special instructions for people coming from MTD based roms

I've seen people complaining about their efs not mounting in stock recovery after flashing CM9/CM10 so it can issue some problems like don't have a lockscreen or device turns off directly instead of getting a prompt. To resolve this ensure that you have your efs backup made when you flashed CM9 based on Nebula (Nebula and LinICS). (It is MANDATORY. EFS contains unique information about your device and if you deleted or you lost it I CAN'T HELP YOU.) This is how I managed to recover my efs back ( I did have like 3 backups of my efs so It wasn't a problem.)

1. Use my recovery method.
2. In heimdall in the efs section take the blank_efs.img file that I will include in first page. I will insert it in the restore. (For intl users You must use heimdall for this. To do so, remove the .md5 extension and extract the .tar from your recovery package)
3. Re-partition and flash.
4. Wipe data.
5. After wiping data go to download mode, then flash a kernel with CWM (I used terra silent)
6. Ensure that you have a file named efs.tar in /sdcard (if you don't have it, well i'm sorry for you )
7. Be sure to have an adb shell ready and execute these commands.

Code:
cd /efs
tar -x -f /sdcard/efs.tar
7. Reboot and your device has EFS restored and the bugs should be fixed.

Note: You can use EFS Professional from lyriquidperfection to restore your efs.tar: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1308546 (Thanks to markymark567 for the heads up.)

Note 2: If you had backup your efs as efs.rfs before, just flash it using odin or heimdall.

Alternative way of restoring efs.tar
You can use a file manager to restore it (credits to goldflame09 for this)

Quote:

MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON GINGERBREAD AND RUNNING CWM AND NOT THE STOCK KERNEL WHEN DOING THIS!!!

1. Extract the files inside the efs backup into a folder on your sdcard SEPERATE from anything else.
2. Move all of these files into your /efs folder.
3. Reboot into CWM.
4. Choose factory reset/data wipe.
5. Format system.
6. Under mounts and storage.
7. Reboot into download mode.
8. Flash the STOCK factoryfs.rfs onto your device.
9. Reboot and all should be fixed.

Dummy EFS

I decided to make a dummy efs to all those that have lost their efs and don't have their backups anymore. You can find it in the misc section in the downloads at the first post.

There's 3 files to modify: serial.info, buyer_code.dat and /imei/bt.txt. It's specified in each file that you need to modify them according to your values but I'm saying it here so EVERYONE CAN SEE IT. When you've modified them according to your values, you can save them and copying your tar into the device. (It's recommended to use notepad++ if you're with windows). It should work with Intl and US devices.

Thanks to:

Samfirmware for the G1ZKC5
Choucas06 for the G1XXKPQ
Kwipper for his initial rom dump (G1UEKI8)
Klin1344 for making G1UEKI8
AdamOutler for making the Unbrickable Resurrector.
SGP4isokay for his tests.
Tdmcode for his blank efs image to re-partition EFS.
Saleenman95 for the hosting.
Goldflame09 for the US Heimdall restore package, Odin flashable tar and his dummy efs package.

If you have questions you can PM me (don't abuse) or you can ask your questions in the thread.

Also if you want to thank me, use the thanks button!
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zaclimon Ad-Free
5th March 2012, 09:08 PM |#3  
Flag Clewiston, Florida
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i have a problem. just flashed this and now my touchscreen doesnt work at all. gonna pull the battery. let you know what happense

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeofctown

i have a problem. just flashed this and now my touchscreen doesnt work at all. gonna pull the battery. let you know what happense

after battery pull touchscreen still doesnt work. it boots up fine. im just stuck at the screen where you pick a language. bottom three buttons dont work either
5th March 2012, 09:40 PM |#4  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

after battery pull touchscreen still doesnt work. it boots up fine. im just stuck at the screen where you pick a language. bottom three buttons dont work either

Did you try to flash without re-partition?
The Following User Says Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zaclimon Ad-Free
5th March 2012, 09:47 PM |#5  
Flag Clewiston, Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

Did you try to flash without re-partition?

flashed without repartion at first and it gave me a fail. so i flashed with repartition after
5th March 2012, 10:02 PM |#6  
Flag Montréal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

flashed without repartion at first and it gave me a fail. so i flashed with repartition after

In this case I would need some files from a US galaxy player. The files I used were from the INTL one (Except the factoryfs.rfs and zImage. I tought this would work)
I will remake The US Rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zaclimon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zaclimon Ad-Free
6th March 2012, 12:14 AM |#7  
Flag Cerritos, CA
Thanks Meter: 5,535

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

In this case I would need some files from a US galaxy player. The files I used were from the INTL one (Except the factoryfs.rfs and zImage. I tought this would work)
I will remake The US Rom.

I'll pull the files directly from my device and make the rom again. Link will be available soon..

Edit: btw zaclimon, its G1UEKI8, you might want to change that in your post

Edit2: Link available here: -not available-
I took all the files needed for the recovery ROM directly from my player, so it *should* work, though I haven't tested it yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klin1344 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klin1344 Ad-Free
6th March 2012, 12:24 AM |#8  
Flag Clewiston, Florida

More
I can't get into download mode. Adb won connect either. I tried unbrickable but that didnt seem to work. Do I need a full Linux system? I have Ubuntu dual booted on my laptop
6th March 2012, 11:01 AM |#9  
Flag Pfofeld
Thanks Meter: 632

Donate to Me
More
No, a Ubuntu dualboot should work.
The problem on your side, that you can't use any physical button.
So we need something like an app to boot into Download Mode.
I was looking for some fixes, but the problem: Your Keys don't work.

So i'm hoping, that it can be changed within Android. As of now i haven't found anything.
6th March 2012, 11:26 AM |#10  
Flag Cerritos, CA
Thanks Meter: 5,535

Donate to Me
More
Maybe a USB jig?

Sent using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to klin1344 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klin1344 Ad-Free
6th March 2012, 12:45 PM |#11  
Flag Pfofeld
Thanks Meter: 632

Donate to Me
More
Hmm... Do you have a tutorial?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)