Instructions (how to flash)
Before asking questions and sending multiples PM on how to flash READ THIS CLOSELY
If you want to enter download mode (which is needed for odin) youtube is your friend
1. You will need to flash with ODIN (If your using Heimdall you know what you have to do, if not follow the ODIN instructions.)
Odin Download: Odin v1.85 Download
1.1: If you need the .pit file download it from here (download the .pit according to your device)
1.2: If your device is bricked but you can still access to download mode go to 1.3 if not, download the AdamOutler's Resurrector with the instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369799
1.3: If your device is bricked and you can go to download mode:
1.3.1: Download one of the roms (according to your device)
1.3.2: Open odin, take the .pit file and put the rom .tar.md5 in the PDA SECTION
1.3.3: Before flashing, ensure re-partition is checked.
1.3.4: Flash, when the flash is finished your device should reboot.
1.3.5: When you device reboots, you will be in recovery with red errors which are saying mostly of the time: Can't mount... To erase these errors, WIPE DATA.
1.3.6 Reboot and enjoy your restored device!
Instructions for US Only (Does work with Intl too.)
Note: the odin flashable tar is here so you can use the odin method too.
1. Download heimdall from here: http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/
2. If you have Linux you can go to step 5. If you have windows follow step 3-4
3. This is a first time installation only. Extract heimdall, go to your drivers folders and run zadig.exe Install anything samsung related. (do this when in home menu and in download mode. If you're not in home menu install them while in download mode.)
4. If you recieve errors concerning the drivers install them anyway. (THIS IS NORMAL.)
5. Open heimdall-frontend.exe or in terminal heimdall-frontend.
6. Go at the flash tab and chose the .pit according to your device.
7.1. After add the following partitions in the following order (with their files forget boot.bin and sbl.bin Thanks to klin1344 for this remark.):
7.2. In the case of Intl devices it would be:
8. When that is done double-check (just to be sure you're not obligated) ensure that re-partition is CHECKED!
10. You should errors concerning can't mount cache (or something like that) Just wipe data is necessary.
11. You should have a like new device.
Instructions for Heimdall Package
If you're using an heimdall flashing package, all you need to do is to choose your .tar.gz file and check re-partition in the flash section, and flash.
Special instructions for people coming from MTD based roms
I've seen people complaining about their efs not mounting in stock recovery after flashing CM9/CM10 so it can issue some problems like don't have a lockscreen or device turns off directly instead of getting a prompt. To resolve this ensure that you have your efs backup made when you flashed CM9 based on Nebula (Nebula and LinICS). (It is MANDATORY. EFS contains unique information about your device and if you deleted or you lost it I CAN'T HELP YOU.) This is how I managed to recover my efs back ( I did have like 3 backups of my efs so It wasn't a problem.)
1. Use my recovery method.
2. In heimdall in the efs section take the blank_efs.img file that I will include in first page. I will insert it in the restore. (For intl users You must use heimdall for this. To do so, remove the .md5 extension and extract the .tar from your recovery package)
3. Re-partition and flash.
4. Wipe data.
5. After wiping data go to download mode, then flash a kernel with CWM (I used terra silent)
6. Ensure that you have a file named efs.tar in /sdcard (if you don't have it, well i'm sorry for you
7. Be sure to have an adb shell ready and execute these commands.
tar -x -f /sdcard/efs.tar
7. Reboot and your device has EFS restored and the bugs should be fixed.
Note: You can use EFS Professional from lyriquidperfection to restore your efs.tar: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1308546
(Thanks to markymark567 for the heads up.)
Note 2: If you had backup your efs as efs.rfs before, just flash it using odin or heimdall.
Alternative way of restoring efs.tar
You can use a file manager to restore it (credits to goldflame09 for this)
MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON GINGERBREAD AND RUNNING CWM AND NOT THE STOCK KERNEL WHEN DOING THIS!!!
1. Extract the files inside the efs backup into a folder on your sdcard SEPERATE from anything else.
2. Move all of these files into your /efs folder.
3. Reboot into CWM.
4. Choose factory reset/data wipe.
5. Format system.
6. Under mounts and storage.
7. Reboot into download mode.
8. Flash the STOCK factoryfs.rfs onto your device.
9. Reboot and all should be fixed.
I decided to make a dummy efs to all those that have lost their efs and don't have their backups anymore. You can find it in the misc section in the downloads at the first post.
There's 3 files to modify: serial.info, buyer_code.dat and /imei/bt.txt. It's specified in each file that you need to modify them according to your values but I'm saying it here so EVERYONE CAN SEE IT. When you've modified them according to your values, you can save them and copying your tar into the device. (It's recommended to use notepad++ if you're with windows). It should work with Intl and US devices.
Samfirmware for the G1ZKC5
Choucas06 for the G1XXKPQ
Kwipper for his initial rom dump (G1UEKI8)
Klin1344 for making G1UEKI8
AdamOutler for making the Unbrickable Resurrector.
SGP4isokay for his tests.
Tdmcode for his blank efs image to re-partition EFS.
Saleenman95 for the hosting.
Goldflame09 for the US Heimdall restore package, Odin flashable tar and his dummy efs package.
If you have questions you can PM me (don't abuse) or you can ask your questions in the thread.
Also if you want to thank me, use the thanks button!