Need mor explanations about rooted ICS process
Tomorrow my 80 G9 will arrive. I've read everything about Archos tablets and I want to root mine. So, the facts:
1. It will be Archos G9, 1GHz, 8GB with Android 3.2 (don't know exactly which version), and the ICS upgrade is already available in my country (ROmania) by OTA
2. Please help me to understand step by step how to use a rooted ICS. I'm not exactly a beginner (i have rooted my htc desire and change the ROMs twice a month)but the Archos world seems all new for me; different concepts from my phone...
- copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage ( /data/media ; /mnt/storage ). This is crystal clear!
- reboot into SDE menu and (how to do that?)under Developer Edition Mernu , Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop (So, do i need to conect the tablet to my computer? When? before rebooting into SDE menu?
- ok ! and wait for reboot your devices (I am still connected to the computer?): after reboot you can see Android update system for a while .....be patient[/COLOR] Couldn't be clearer!
Hope to treat me with understanding and patience. I try to discover a new world...
Thank you very much