FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Headset incompatible or phone plug defective?

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By ra3or, Member on 9th March 2012, 12:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

I recently purchased a second hand black X8 with a no-name headset. When I plug in the headset, it shows the headset icon next to GSM signal, but the sound is low and not clear. The headset has a button where the wires split,along with a microphone. When I press that button, the sound becomes stereo and louder, clearer.

I'm considering buying a SE headset, but before I do, I want to ask if the phone plug is damaged or its just headset incompatibility ?
the 3.5mm jack has 4 connectors on it(2 inner rings, 3 plastic spacers) same as MH610 or HPM-60JS.

I'm also considering gluing the button to clicked position, what functionality would I lose by doing so? I'm assuming its used to answer incoming calls while headset is plugged.

Thank You

9th March 2012, 02:42 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 47

More
don't use that headphone it will damage your.phone
.......buy SE headphones ...
9th March 2012, 05:46 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
I've used a mp4 player's headset wich has normal 3.5mm jack and it works fine. Turns out the contacts for microphone and grounding are inverted. I am glad the phone connector is ok.
8th May 2012, 04:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
does any one knows the omhs headset must have?
8th May 2012, 06:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mine is working only with original SE one ?? Any idea ??
9th May 2012, 03:52 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,311

More
i think its just incompatible i tried using htc earphones for my x8 and it also gives me unclear sounds just buy a se headset and it'll work fine hope it helped
9th May 2012, 05:50 AM |#7  
Flag Almada
Thanks Meter: 93

More
There are other threads about this, the problem is sony ericsson.. They are suckeres and switched the pins. You need a compatible headset or an adapter. And no, they are not damaging the phone or vice versa..
About the impedance, they must have 8ohm or more.. Headphones with 4ohm or less will damage the phone. Anyway, they are very rare and only very bad ones have less than 8ohms. The higher the impedance, the more quality they will produce but they will also sound quieter, that's why good headphones with very high impedances (600ohm) need amplifiers.
The great majority out there are either 16ohm or 32ohm.

Sent from my E15i using XDA
8th June 2012, 04:43 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the headset is not compatible with x8.

either you buy a SE headset or any headphone/earphone without a mic or remote buttons
18th June 2012, 12:09 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,311

More
check if your headset plug have 2 lines if it have three lines it will not work properly
19th June 2012, 05:02 PM |#10  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Eh lol. X8 don't support 4 connectors headphones. It also doesn't support iPhone earphones coz it has 3 connectors.

X8 only supports 2 connectors ear/headphones..

Sent from my E15i using xda premium.

What I'm using?
Android : 2.3.7
Baseband: ~015
Kernel : Alfs 08
ROM : GingerDX
Build : V.027
19th June 2012, 05:05 PM |#11  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkopt

There are other threads about this, the problem is sony ericsson.. They are suckeres and switched the pins. You need a compatible headset or an adapter. And no, they are not damaging the phone or vice versa..
About the impedance, they must have 8ohm or more.. Headphones with 4ohm or less will damage the phone. Anyway, they are very rare and only very bad ones have less than 8ohms. The higher the impedance, the more quality they will produce but they will also sound quieter, that's why good headphones with very high impedances (600ohm) need amplifiers.
The great majority out there are either 16ohm or 32ohm.

Sent from my E15i using XDA

No.. Read my post above this.. ¶¶¶

Sent from my E15i using xda premium.

What I'm using?
Android : 2.3.7
Baseband: ~015
Kernel : Alfs 08
ROM : GingerDX
Build : V.027
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)