Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to do if HTC ONE X crashed.

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By grant6301, Member on 13th March 2012, 03:28 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hi guys.
I'm ready to buy HTC ONE X on 3/20.
I've searched about the feature about HTC ONE X.
I found that HTC ONE X can't change the battery.
I'm using HTC Desire now with custom rom.
If my Desire crashed, the only way is drawing out the battery.
So, how to do if HTC ONE X crashed?
Will it have a security against that?
Moreover, will HTC ONE X have HDMI output just like Sensation XE?

Thanks

13th March 2012, 03:42 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 24,950

More
HTC sources said holding the power button for a certain amount of time will force shut down the device, we don't know if software coded or hardware
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
13th March 2012, 03:43 PM |#3  
Recognized Themer
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 1,523

More
It should be hardware based for a very long pressed event.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soumya_digi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soumya_digi Ad-Free
13th March 2012, 04:00 PM |#4  
Flag Saranac, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 48

More
for devices like these there are always hard reboot options a la iPod and iPhone with DFU and recovery mode and the hard reboot via holding power and home for x seconds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x3phyr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x3phyr Ad-Free
13th March 2012, 04:35 PM |#5  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 60

More
I have a Xoom tablet and have loaded many custom roms, etc, and have been in a few boot loops and had a few crashes etc, the Xoom has a non-removable battery also and its never been an issue, you just use the specific key combination (on the Xoom power + vol up if I remember correctly...) and it restarts. This has never failed for me and much more convient that pulling the battery.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HTC-Gunge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HTC-Gunge Ad-Free
13th March 2012, 07:09 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Chungli
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

HTC sources said holding the power button for a certain amount of time will force shut down the device, we don't know if software coded or hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumya_digi

It should be hardware based for a very long pressed event.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3phyr

for devices like these there are always hard reboot options a la iPod and iPhone with DFU and recovery mode and the hard reboot via holding power and home for x seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC-Gunge

I have a Xoom tablet and have loaded many custom roms, etc, and have been in a few boot loops and had a few crashes etc, the Xoom has a non-removable battery also and its never been an issue, you just use the specific key combination (on the Xoom power + vol up if I remember correctly...) and it restarts. This has never failed for me and much more convient that pulling the battery.

You guys made me feel relieved XD.
I'm so excited now!!!!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread