i am attaching a easy to run package which contains the files required for full functionality of executing startup scripts (init.d scripts)...
basically this will allow the user to execute custom shell scripts, placed in /system/etc/init.d/ folder and they will be executed on each boot!
i dont have this device yet!!
thanks to Jozinek for testing this on his phone!
[ requirements ]
- stock rooted ROM
- windows PC with adb drivers installed
[ how to install ]
- download the provided zip package
- save it on c:\
- extract the contents of the package
- connect phone with usb debugging active to PC via ADB
- execute "runme.bat"
- follow onscreen instructions & enjoy!
incase some issue is there post the output/log of script
[ additional info ]
i have added the following things in the package:
- corrected /system/bin/sysint file
- run-parts binary in /system/xbin/run-parts (which is basically busybox 1.19.3 binary)
- correct /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file (this file gets executed by default on stock kernel too!)
- test/example script /system/etc/init.d/99test
to check if this is working the test script (99test) will create a temporary file /data/local/tmp/init.d_log_test.txt on each boot
[ donations/device fund ]
i dont yet have this device but i plan to buy it.... if u guys want to donate to me to get this device OR if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc
i am currently channeling all my donations to get this phone asap and to avoid selling my ARC!!!
PAYPAL DONATION LINK
[ download link ]
let me know how it goes!