Thread Closed Email Thread
24th March 2012, 02:39 AM |#1311  
Owings, MD
Thanks Meter: 180

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim

Yes, the file is on my desktop. I started out with sudo -s and got the #. The chmod 0755 /path/to/emmc_recover seems to run fine (no errors). But the ./emmc_recover --flash hboot_1.4.nb0 --device /dev/sdb13 I get the No such file error

My username is actually evo and when I right click and go into properties the path of the file is /home/evo/Desktop

You should be running this then:

Code:
chmod 0755 /home/evo/desktop/emmc_recover
Code:
/home/evo/desktop/emmc_recover --flash hboot_1.4.nb0 --device /dev/sdb13
24th March 2012, 02:46 AM |#1312  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doeboy711

Ensure you do the sudo -s and chmod 0755 first and if you put it in your home folder do this command instead:

Code:
/home/ubuntu/emmc_recover --flash hboot_1.4.nb0 --device /dev/sdb13

So I got through this part, thank you! I was missing a slash before home, lol.

However, still nto smooth sailing. It asks are you sure, I hit enter, and now it says cannot read image file hboot_1.4.nb0

If it's not 1 thing it's another.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote:

You should be running this then:

Code:
chmod 0755 /home/evo/desktop/emmc_recover
Code:
/home/evo/desktop/emmc_recover --flash hboot_1.4.nb0 --device /dev/sdb13

Yeah, these are exactly what I'm typing (was missing the / before home though, DOH!).

Now the problem is after I hit enter when it asks are you sure.
24th March 2012, 02:48 AM |#1313  
Owings, MD
Thanks Meter: 180

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So I got through this part, thank you! I was missing a slash before home, lol.

However, still nto smooth sailing. It asks are you sure, I hit enter, and now it says cannot read image file hboot_1.4.nb0

If it's not 1 thing it's another.

Well ensure that the hboot_1.4 is on the desktop as well, and if it is, it could be a bad file. So try re-downloading the file.
24th March 2012, 02:53 AM |#1314  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by closeone

Hi taisharmoridin,

If it's showing the Android Robot, it should be booting. It takes a couple of minutes for it to finish the boot process before it goes into the live environment. You can have it pull up a console to see if it's doing something by pressing the 'ESC' key on your keyboard after you go past the boot selection list and the Android Robot shows on the screen.

Edit: Also, if that doesn't work, try to find an option in the Universal USB Installer for openSUSE 12.x, which is what the Live CD is based on.

Tried making a boot disk again using the openSUSE option, for some reason it still didn't want to boot on my desktop. I'd choose the option to boot it, it'd show loading kernel, screen would go black for a second, then back to the blue screen with the little green robot. ESC would do nothing. I let it sit for 10 minutes to no avail.

However, using the new USB drive, my laptop booted into linux with no problems. Now that I've got that set up, it's time to brick. Got my fingers crossed Thanks for the help!

EDIT:
Got it bricked on the first try. Counted 5 "Mississippi" and got the dim red light (very hard to see!). Running the 1.13 RUU now! Woohoo!

Thanks everyone!
24th March 2012, 03:01 AM |#1315  
Thanks Meter: 1,465

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuff83

When can we expect the new version? No rush or anything.

jhuff83,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I'm hoping to have the new version done very soon. Hopefully tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to closeone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift closeone Ad-Free
24th March 2012, 03:07 AM |#1316  

More
Quote:

Well ensure that the hboot_1.4 is on the desktop as well, and if it is, it could be a bad file. So try re-downloading the file.

Just redownloaded (from the attachment in the first post) and copied it to the desktop (right next to the emmc_recover). I told it to replace the one that was already there when asked.

Same error. Cannot read image file hboot_1.4.nb0
24th March 2012, 03:09 AM |#1317  
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by closeone

jhuff83,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I'm hoping to have the new version done very soon. Hopefully tonight.

Will be watching for this. Downloading Wubi now.
24th March 2012, 03:29 AM |#1318  
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Quote:

Just redownloaded (from the attachment in the first post) and copied it to the desktop (right next to the emmc_recover). I told it to replace the one that was already there when asked.

What happens when you put it in the home folder and use /home/ubuntu

Only reason I ask is because that's what worked for me.
24th March 2012, 03:33 AM |#1319  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimm2

For those that want to load this on USB thumb drive:
- PenDriveLinux, USB LiveCD Creator (choose "Try Unlisted .iso - NEW" ) : http://www.pendrivelinux.com/univers...easy-as-1-2-3/

Old or new syslinux ... or does it matter? For the life of me I can't get the program to show properly on my netbook after the initial menu screen. (screen snow) My native resolution is 1366 x 768 and I've tried lower resolutions with no luck at all! My phone has been "bricked" for 5 days and I'm having all kinds of trouble with the Linux, 3rd step.
24th March 2012, 03:50 AM |#1320  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdNoob

What happens when you put it in the home folder and use /home/ubuntu

Only reason I ask is because that's what worked for me.

Wow, yes, this worked! It didn't like being on the desktop. Thanks!
24th March 2012, 03:52 AM |#1321  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,309

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

For your issue, use the following command:

Code:
/home/evo/desktop/emmc_recover --flash /home/evo/desktop/hboot_1.4.nb0 --device /dev/sdb13
And repeat it 3-4 times, using /dev/sdc13, etc etc.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
if you're scared say you're scared, man up and do it, the bees knees
Previous Thread Next Thread