SilverDict is a offline dictionary application, compatible with famous StarDict program by dictionaries format. Application is very fast, simple and reliable. You don't need to switch languages, SilverDict is using all installed and enabled dictionaries to search the words.
On the first run, application will offer you to download and install dictionaries from online repository (based on free XDXF dictionary collection http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf/files/ ) or your own dictionaries from cloud stores (SkyDrive or DropBox).
Dictionary file archive for download and install should be:
- in StarDict format (i.e. have *.idx, *.ifo, *.dict.dz or *.dict, optional *.syn files; also optional resource (images) directory;
- dictionary archive should be zipped (has *.zip extension) or in Unix-style compressed tarball format .tar.bz2 in one file. For *.zip archive you may try to archive more then one dictionary;
Please, be patient: dictionary installation requires some time (depending from dictionary size).
I don't recommend you to install too many dictionaries; BTW, SilverDict can display up to 8 dictionaries simultaneously.
I'll be glad to hear your impressions, suggestions and feature requests here! Happy searching!
SilverDict: store link
SilveDict+ (no ads): store link
- version 1.8: fixed bugs; added SD card support (WP8 only);
Please note: zip archive extension (.zip) is reserved for system; you should change '.zip' extension to the '.zip.dic' first.
- version 1.7: fixed various bugs; improved stability; added ""Rate My App"" control.
- version 1.6: added Live tiles support; now you may pin article to the start screen; Windows Phone 8 support; added ""silverdict"" protocol for WP8; third-party developers now can use 'SilverDict' as an add-on dictionary; fixed various bugs.
- version 1.5: custom color themes, independent from the system theme; "Favorites" tab (please enable in the "settings"); ability to swap languages in "Dictionary manager" by flick gesture; fixed various bugs, improved overall application stability;
- version 1.4: added input box with history; fixed various bugs;
- version 1.3: improved umlaut diacritic support; improved dictionaries order handling; fixed various bugs;
- version 1.2: fixed online repository access
- version 1.1: fixed bugs with DropBox login, and saving input text
- version 1.0: initial release