Main focus: stability and smooth experience using a modified Conservative CPU governor. Secondary: useful additions + easy to use app.
Big thanks to XDA, the community, testers, bug reporters and hardcore, chainfire, lukiqq, stratosk, zach, exitz, supercurio, koush, neldar, madrooster, pikachu01, pawtip & teamhacksung, ezekeel, renaudallard, toadlife, Tk-Glitch, krarvind, derTeufel1980, F4k and all the other devs. Everything I have learned about SGS I have learned reading XDA posts, sources or from conversation with XDA members - maybe I can give something back with this kernel.
- modified Conservative governor for smooth experience
- kernel app for all features, no scripting needed
- nightmode toggle via kernel app (no overlay, real dark screen)
- based on CM9 kernel source
- stock frequencies up to 1Ghz, optionally switch to 1.128Ghz via CWM
- ram: 340Mb (stock), 372Mb (CM9 version) or 388Mb (LR version) for prepared ROMs or \w standalone patch
- BLN (basic func. + missed calls via kernel app, BLN Control for advanced features)
- voodoo sound (use supercurios VoodooControl)
- touchwake, adjustable vibration intensity, slightly enhanced touch sensitivity
- init.d (/system/etc) and userinit.d (/data/local) support, script filename has to start with "S"
- APP: min. brightness, nightmode, RGB, gamma, undervolting, LED timeout, vibration intensity, missed calls/basic BLN, bootlog, help...
- new initramfs system, kernel installable \w Heimdall, Odin and CWM (info)
- various code updates and changes for better performance, battery and less debug stuff
- remount script for ADB users (use "adb shell remount" to remount /system rw/ro)
- some kernel/initramfs tweaks evolved since Midnight-GB
-- optimized read_ahead values for /system, /datadata, /cache, sdcard
-- optimized kernel parameters, IO parameters, mount options
- CWM: options to delete NStools-settings/init.d contents
- CWM: options to toggle init.d, Logcat, overclocking to 1.128Ghz
- 1Ghz, Midnight Conservative governor, stock voltages
- SIO IO scheduler, 256Kb sdcard readahead
- Logcat + init.d disabled (MNICS does not install any init.d scripts)
- boot to download mode
- Install kernel zip via Odin or Heimdall (CWM for older versions)
Sources: Github/mialwe, worklog always updated live
FAQ/already answered: nightmode, no 1.2Ghz? / DIDLE, LiveOC, displayed values in kernel app differ / minfreq 200Mhz? / settings not saved/"]]" error in log? + solution / compass / root, adb remount, TUN? / touchwake? / high AndroidOS % with ICS 4.0.3? / fast_charge?
- Phone-off/charging animation, screen stays off @ button press. Phone charges fine to 100%, thenn screen will switch on.
next - not sure 20120523-1 - bugfix: module installer failed without /system/lib/modules directory - bugfix: sdcard wipe while switching GB->ICS 20120516-1 - readded fast_charge 20120509-7 - changed naming (date-version-[stock]/LR/CM9) - changed to new initramfs system (download mode flashable) - changed to Odin tar package (Heimdall: extract + flash zImage) - removed fast_charge patch - freed 2 Mb more RAM, testing - CM9/i9000 kernel source sync - reworked logfile /data/user.log 202 - 2012/04/30 - app: fixed wrongly displayed default undervolting preset - app: fixed colors not beeing applied at boot (v190 bug) - app: fixed 800Mhz CPU limit not beeing applied at boot (v190 bug) - zip: added missing MidnightControl.apk to CM9 version 190 - 2012/04/29 - kernel: sync with CM9 sources (incl. sdcard mountpoints) - kernel: USB fast_charge by chad0989 (toggle widget available) [default: deactivated] - kernel: enabled deadline/cfq IO schedulers [default: still SIO] - kernel: 2 bugfixes (cpufreq), thanks to derTeufel1980 for the hints - kernel: touchwake sync with Ezekeels source - app: added fast_charge toggle - initramfs: 256Kb sdcard read_ahead default - initramfs: added /data/local/userinit.d execution - initramfs: executes init.d/userinit.d scripts starting with "S" only 143 - 2012/04/08 - app: updated to version 1.4 - adjusted default min_brightness from 25 to 20 (stock?) - app: fixed bug with old nightmode sysfs setting at startup 142 - 2012/04/08 - kernel: fix green screen on some occasions 141 - 2012/04/08 - app: added missed call service toggle (reboot required) - app: updated help file - initramfs: fixed issues with some busyboxes/$PATH (SlimICS, grep not found) 133 - 2012/04/07 - changed name: MNICS-<buildnr>[LR (large RAM for 386Mb)] - kernel: 5 frequencies, switchable maxfreq 1/1.128Ghz - kernel: adjusted smooth conserv. triggers, [email protected] again - kernel: fixed internal divider bug, thanks to theDevil1980 for the hint - kernel: removed old recovery backup (-700Kb) - CWM: added manual zipalign option - CWM: moved init.d/overclocking/Logcat toggles to CWM - app: service for missed calls BLN - app: cleanup 0.9.0-2 - 2012/03/30 - 340Mb RAM - 386Mb for HUGERAM version \w patched ROMs - fixed /datadata MidnightControl settings bug (for. e.g. ICSSGS, Bluelightning) - BLN switch both MidnightControl and ROM->settings->display->notification LED toggles at the same time (one-click BLN enable) 0.7.9 - 2012/03/28 - initramfs: fixed 0.7.7 bug - initramfs: adjusted vm tweaks - initramfs: cleaned up boot script and log output - kernel: BLN off as default setting - kernel: adjusted build flags - app: updated help file 0.7.7 - 2012/03/25 - removed 03/26 (apps-don't-open-bug) - kernel: fixed freeze on 800Mhz max. freq. - kernel: adjusted int.volt 1100->1125mV for 1.2Ghz (stability) - kernel: added touchwake, thanks to ezekeel (dev) and devil (porting support via pm) - kernel: added vibration intensity sysfs interface - MidnightControl: rearranged menus - MidnightControl: removed unused option - MidnightControl: added touchwake toggle - MidnightControl: added vibration intensity slider - CWM: added delete init.d contents option - CWM: added delete NStools settings option 0.7.4 - 2012/03/17 - first public upload